Thread: Ryan Burbridge Incident, Cal Guns Statement, CA Open Carry on Dave Champion Show

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Sons of Liberty's Avatar

Ryan Burbridge Incident, Cal Guns Statement, CA Open Carry on Dave Champion Show

I was listening to the Dave Champion show and he was talking about the Ryan Burbridge incident and urban open carry. He articulates his points very well. I especially like the analysis of the CalGuns statement and his point about changing the paradigm. He devotes about a half hour to this subject and is well worth the listen. He starts around 15:15 with Ryan's incident and discusses the CalGun's statement around 32:40. You can access the show from a week before last at this link:

http://www.davechampionshow.com/archives/?p=1665
    Clinging to God & Guns: The Constitution Restoration Project

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Cool, Dave hits the nail on the head yet again. I listen to Dave regularly but somehow missed this show, thanks for posting it here.

With regards to his comments about Calguns and Gene's statement, well all I can say is free America gets it, while here in the "Communist Amerika" (CA) everyone is busy playing chess. Having said that, thankfully 12031e is now finally under attack.

Quick comment about his statements on AB144 (just in case), the assembly has indeed voted on this bill and it has passed and is now moving on to the senate.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

S of L,

Yes, thx for the post. I did hear the show and was thinking of same.

Ryan, brother we stand with you.

-p

I love how the people defending gun owners get attacked. That's class!

-Gene

Quote Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
    I love how the people defending gun owners get attacked. That's class!

-Gene
    Gene,

I dont believe the attack is personal. I think that many have some difficulty reconciling the position of the foundation leadership in telling readers that they "encourage individuals to not open carry in urban areas due to law enforcement confusion on the topic [of open carry] while at the same time they see that the foundation has supported the defense of Sam Wolanyk and Ryan Burbridge.

They would also cite the numerous memos (14 statewide to date) that have been published on the legalities of California's quirky and oppressive carry laws and argue that without the practice of UOC, law enforcement would have no knowledge of open carry at the detriment of other people being subjected to false arrest and unconstitutional search and seizure. They might also contend that having litigants with standing are essential to carry reform in California.

But some of these same folks are not prepared for costs such a fight requires and the setbacks that bills like AB144 represent. Dave Champion must know that Californians are governed by a legislature that is overwhelmingly anti-gun and that the caution the foundation recommends is not from a compromise in principles, but that of realizing that we are not in a position of strength to impose our will upon our state representatives. Those who are convinced of their absolute rights to keep and bear have no difficulty in compromising their principles every day they do not strap on a loaded gun and conduct their daily buisness... so why then is it so hypocritical and unforgivable for the foundation to recommend caution in regards to UOC in urban areas?
    Last edited by ConditionThree; 05-27-2011 at 12:44 PM. Reason: correct typo
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com