• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Show this coming weekend!!

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
Hey guys there is a gun show coming up this saturday and sunday at the fair grounds on coral way... if any of you guys are interested and wanna go or if your local let me know or PM me... I think OC maybe allowed at the GUN SHOW!! not sure yet but i think it might be.

I think we're about to find out whether it's allowed. It should be a curious thing, since most ranges and gun stores require that you throw the magazine in your back pocket, and show them the empty chamber (before they let you OC). Paranoia reigns supreme around those folks, and for a good reason.

I'll OC on my way in until they stop me (if they do). I'll PM you and see if we can meet.

mavidal

I plan on going, and no to OC with a loaded gun, they will put a tye wrap through the barrel to safety the weapon. I'm here in Miami, want to go Saturday but need to check with the wife, as were getting a termite treatment in the AM.

Mike

JeepSeller

You can probably OC at a gun show. But, it'll be UNLOADED OC. Most gun shows require you to present your unloaded firearm to be inspected where they'll run a zip tie through the action. So, what's the point then? Hardly self defense unless you plan on throwing your zip-tied, empty gun at a bad guy. Just because you want to OC a gun? Oh, yea, noble, original idea for a crowd at a gun show, huh?

I wouldn't worry about it personally. I'm not telling anyone to break any rules. But, if the gun show is on private property. Loaded carry isn't illegal, just unwanted. Since I've yet to see any metal detectors at a gun show, I'll leave the choices up to your imagination from there in a Concealed Carry state. *grin*

ADulay

Actually I think most open carriers at a gun show do that because they don't want to leave their weapons in the car in the parking lot. At least that's why I did it.

If I was a bad guy, I'd be drooling over the prospect of a few hundred cars with guns in them and their owners nicely out of the way in the building!

AD

JeepSeller

Unloaded OC should always be allowed, anywhere, without exception, by federal mandate.

And, the purpose of that would be??...

Might as well carry a rock. It's cheaper. Unloaded carry of any kind is pointless unless you're just wanting to do the whole "Hey, look at me, I have a GUN!" thing. Which, IMHO, is equally as pointless as carrying a rock in a holster.

~*'Phoenix'*~

And, the purpose of that would be??...

To make it simple and always legal to TRANSPORT a firearm. I'm not saying UOC is useful for SD, I'm saying it should never be illegal to have, carry, transport, move, etc. an unloaded gun, holstered or enclosed, anywhere.

And no, "the feds shouldn't be mandating anything," but they mandate the crap out of us all the time, always in oppressive and offensive ways, so would you really complain if they stepped in to override state's abusing of our RKBA?
To me this feels like one of the few instances where the federal government should have a right to step in and say "hey, you guys (states) are being stupid and are in breech of the constitution you agreed to"

Last edited:

mavidal

I plan on going, and no to OC with a loaded gun, they will put a tye wrap through the barrel to safety the weapon. I'm here in Miami, want to go Saturday but need to check with the wife, as were getting a termite treatment in the AM.

Mike

Confirmed I will be going Sunday with a friend and the wife. Wife wants to see if she can find a S&W .380 bodyguard. I want to get an AK underfolder. Will be there around 10:30

JeepSeller

I never said unloaded OC shouldn't be allowed. Just that it seems silly to me. I don't see the point. But, I admit, I'm sure my comments come across as trying to pick a fight about it. I honestly don't care if anyone wants to carry unloaded. Doesn't hurt me in the least bit. But, if it's NOT a "Hey everyone, look at me" thing, what is it? I don't get the point to carrying an unloaded gun. *shrug*

I don't carry a gun to be a bad arse. I don't carry a gun to make me feel good. I don't carry a gun to be SEEN with a gun. I carry a gun because bad things happen to good people, and I want to make sure I've done all possible to protect myself from those bad things. Honestly, I'd rather NOT carry a gun. But, carrying around a cop would be more impractical. LOL *grin*

I honestly don't care if anyone does or does not know I carry a gun. IMHO, unloaded carry of any kind is about a useful as carrying a rock, a rock is cheaper.I'm pretty darn fast tossing a magazine in my gun, but, I'm even faster drawing a LOADED gun from CC.

If it's a choice between a useless unloaded gun and CC, I'll just keep on concealin'.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
A well-stated opinion, with logic applied rationally, is impossible to disrespect effectively. However, your perspective is entirely selfish. It's all about me, I, etc... Notice that?

For me (qualifier), any kind of OC would be better than digging a tiny Kel Tec out of my pocket. I can draw my 1911 and slap a mag in her 3x faster than I can draw my Kel Tec from deep cover.

To get seen... This has more utility than you admit. I am the opposite of an attention whore. I spent a long time learning how to go unnoticed. But I carry my p38 holster, or 30rd AK magazine to get seen. It gives people an excuse to talk to me, and I make the conversation about OC. It puts me way out of my element, but I do it because it's the right thing to do.

I loathe the human race. I'd rather keep company with trees and snakes. But I do my part. To imply that one who does such things is an attention whore, is deliberately closed-minded for the sake of being insulting. What rational, grown man remains willfully ignorant to artificially preserve an excuse to call people names?

Well, Cops probably.... :p

JeepSeller

Precisely why I DON'T carry a pocket KelTec. I carry a FULL SIZE Beretta .40SW with 11 rounds plus two spare mags, meaning right now, I have 31 rounds of 180gr jacketed hollow point ammo to bring to the party hanging on my belt. Quite comfortably too I might say. I'm sitting at home, shoes off, in my easy chair w/my laptop on my lap while the wife watches Dancing W/The Stars (barf) So, CC doesn't HAVE to mean sacrificing gun size. It just takes knowing how to match holster to gun to carry location.

I can assure you, I'll have metal on meat LONG before you draw your UNLOADED gun, grab your magazine, load your magazine, rack a round, and come on target. The likelihood is I'll be reaching for my 2nd mag by that time. I'm not opposing OC, just making my point that UNLOADED oc removes about half the arguments folks make FOR oc in that it's faster. IN the end, I just see no point in doing so.

And, you're darn right I'm selfish. I don't carry a gun to make friends or make a statement. I carry a gun to protect myself. I'm not in this to make anyone else happy. I'm in it so me and my family go home every night.

But, that being said, I'm at fault this time for the thread drift. My purpose wasn't to start a debate. I just can't for the life of me imagine why anyone would carry an unloaded gun. But, hey, if that's what you're into, then, as I say, doesn't affect me in anyway I suppose. I just see it as "hey look at me" stuff, and that boils my britches.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
For me, CC means pocket Kel Tec, or nothing. If I could comfortably CC a full-size, damn right I would. I would love to carry my 1911. But I cannot CC it without outrageously obnoxious printing. Which is not a crime. But it still gets people arrested, while not being much of a conversation starter.

I'm sure it's happened, but getting arrested for a magazine or holster exposed, is much less likely as it is much harder to find examples of it.

If you don't do something to educate those around you, how will it happen? The average human being is not self-educating. I don't do it to make friends or make a statement. I do it to promote the cause, to counter the anti propaganda. What can one man do who isn't average enough to fit in or get voted for anyway? If common-sense were more common, I wouldn't be such an oddball. But I am, and I know this is the most useful to the cause of freedom that I can ever be. So I do it no matter how fish-out-of-water it makes me feel. Or if people invent false reasons for doing it just to insult me. Really don't give a damn, I'm being useful.

It's the Floriduh Forum on OC Website... Any conversation is useful, even if it's a bit off-topic... Not like we've got any real action going on.

Last edited:

~*'Phoenix'*~

I wouldn't carry unloaded OC by choice, but it would be good as a simple fall-back-on option for safe legal transport, i.e., moving, travelling, to/from the range. For SD it'd be loaded, even if it had to be CC. But if I could carry a loaded-CC and an unloaded-OC, I would. One for defense, the other not to get attention for me, but for public educational opportunities, and to show how stupid our present laws are. Presently, I can't even do that.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
and to show how stupid our present laws are. Presently, I can't even do that.

This is the whole reason the Libtards conceded on CC. They knew that out of sight is out of mind. Their propaganda will be unopposed if the guns aren't seen as a constant reminder that there isn't a river of blood flowing in the streets, and yes, there are guns everywhere. The Libtards know their constituency is very simple in the head. Hide the guns, and it's as if they don't exist. Their voters think a gun ban is in effect and that it is working. Nobody talks to the guy with the gun to find out he's not a wacko like the slanderous crap they spread in the media, leading to the first crack in their crumbling wall of lies and hate-mongering.

CC ensures that the first crack never forms, so their wall of lies and BS stands solid in the weak minds of their constituency.

The only way to run some cracks in that wall, is to openly carry something gun-ish to start that conversation. If you're not talking to people, you're not helping. If you're not giving them a reason to talk to you, you're just waiting for someone else to do it all for you.

UOC is one way to put a crack in that wall, so it has tremendous utility, at least for that...

Last edited:

JeepSeller

how stupid our present laws are.

Oh, I won't argue with that one bit. LOL As I say, not opposed to OC.(wouldn't be HERE otherwise) Not really even opposed to unloaded OC. It was suggested for this gun show, I don't follow the logic, so, I figured I'd ask.

Still not sure I follow the notion completely though. *shrug*

But, I also didn't mean to hijack the thread in the process. Folks enjoy a good gun show, I wouldn't want to steal the focus here. Heck, it's no where close to me, but, I haven't tossed on the leather gear and taken a good day trip on the motorcycle in a long time. Good chance of rain this weekend, but, that just makes the adventure interesting IMHO. If I can swing it, I may just drop in to the show for the fun of the trip and shop some cool stuff.

~*'Phoenix'*~

Managed to get to the gun show at the Citrus County fairgrounds today, had a pretty good time and it was nice to see hundreds of people, including plenty of women and minorities, buying, trading, and *gasp* openly carrying guns. Unloaded and zip-tied, but at least I got to wear the 92 in the holster I made for it today. Couple people even offered me a little more than I paid for it. Finally found a flush-fit 14 round mag for it too, the dang things are almost impossible to find for the compact version. And some cheap .380's.