• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Post Dispatch has interest in Open Carry here in St Louis

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
He wants to gets some counter points and do some more legal research to find out how OC became so fractured and complicated here in MO. Before he writes the whole story.

Interpretation:

"Wait, wow, this guy made sense, how the hell do I turn this into an anti-gun thing, hmm better get some help"

kylemoul

thanks for stepping up to the plate doc.

keep us posted on the story im sure everyone will want to read it.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Do you have a transcript/recording of the entire interview, no need to post, if the story is farther afield than what was actually discussed? It will come in handy to counter any "literary licence" in the future.

Indeed this should always be SOP/de rigueur - it keeps honest reporting..........honest.

Let your recorder therefore be your constant companion on your walks.
--With apologies to Mr. Jefferson--

Superlite27

Doc's "special friend" got it on video. I got it on DVR.

The reporter seemed like a pretty straightforward guy. I don't get the feeling he's out to do a "hit piece", just a story on OC in the St. Louis area, the history of carry in general in Missouri, and "The Starbucks Tour". However, even though we were assured of the generality of the story, and I don't think his personal intent is other than that, his few words about his editor's involvement in the final "product" didn't completely assure me that the outcome won't have a heavy hand applied by the senior editors.

At least, as far as I know, everyone involved seems to be on the level.

So far.

The proof is in the pudding.

As far as my opinion, I think Doc did a great job. He was very knowledgeable and eloquent. He has an awesome ability to put factual information in a "listener friendly" form of communication. He's definitely the guy to act as the local spokesperson for OC. He also pays a heckuva lot of attention to how his demeanor affects how what he says gets accepted by the listener. (IOW: He can feed you $#!t so politely, you'll think you're eating caviar.) Something I'm very bad at. (I can feed you ambrosia and you'll, somehow, want to kick my ass for it.) I just have a hard time putting what I mean into an inoffensive, non-smartalecky dialect. My sarcasm knob appears to have broken off around level 11 with the treble set to spine curdling.

mspgunner

This is as good a place as any to post this. I'm asking folks who support OC, as I do to not post anything about OC on another (well known) Missouri 2A site.
Please trust me, the site I make reference too (you know what that is if you've been posting) has more clout in the State Capitol than you can imagine. Let's not get the powers to be on that site more angry with the OC effort. Of course I can't tell you not to post but trust me, you are hurting the OC cause in Missouri by getting them PO'd. I get along well with them and have announced I'm running for their BOD. Their site like this one is watched by those who oppose our efforts, don't give anyone ammunition to oppose us, there are enough folks who already do. Keep OC here not on other sites that disagree with us.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
This is as good a place as any to post this. I'm asking folks who support OC, as I do to not post anything about OC on another (well known) Missouri 2A site.
Please trust me, the site I make reference too (you know what that is if you've been posting) has more clout in the State Capitol than you can imagine. Let's not get the powers to be on that site more angry with the OC effort. Of course I can't tell you not to post but trust me, you are hurting the OC cause in Missouri by getting them PO'd. I get along well with them and have announced I'm running for their BOD. Their site like this one is watched by those who oppose our efforts, don't give anyone ammunition to oppose us, there are enough folks who already do. Keep OC here not on other sites that disagree with us.

With all due respect.

NO.

I will not pretend to be neutral on a subject I am passionate about. I will be polite, I will not share thoughts and strategies, but I will not be silent.

mspgunner

With all due respect.

NO.

I will not pretend to be neutral on a subject I am passionate about. I will be polite, I will not share thoughts and strategies, but I will not be silent.

Your right for sure, but if you post OC things on the site to which we both belong you will only hurt the cause and trust me, you'll hurt it badly. Feel free to speak to whom ever where ever you please, it will be better for all if you do not post to you know where.... We have a chance to make things better in Missouri. I had a conversation out in OFallon not 1 hour ago that gained us some support from two people who have influence where it matters most.

We "can" make it happen, yes we can. Just have to go about it right.