• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"As Wisconsin considers CCW, it could take lesson from Washington"

IcrewUH60

MKEgal

Dave Workman said:
WI panel OKs gun bill; columnist shows bankruptcy of anti-CCW mindset.
Here's Eugene Kane's column, which is quoted in the Examiner linked above.
"Contact Eugene Kane at (414) 223-5521 or ekane@journalsentinel.com"

three men entered the crowded La Piazza bar and restaurant Monday night and opened fire, killing 30-year-old Luis Santiago and wounding another man
No, there was one shooter.
He was already in the bar, drinking, and was upset that the murdered guy picked up the wrong beer.
Whadayawannabet that the killer:
1) didn't have permission to be in the bar armed,
2) was "materially impaired",
3) carried concealed,
4) wasn't in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm?
Someone who's willing to murder someone over a beer isn't going to be swayed by laws, or get a permit, or get training.

the anxiety many city dwellers feel about becoming a victim of random crime
One reason to carry & protect myself. Thank you Mr. Kane.

only a handful (four) have the more extreme constitutional carry law. I see no pressing reason for Wisconsin to jump onto that particular bandwagon
Um, how about to save millions of dollars?
Since Constitutional Carry hasn't caused problems anywhere else, why would it be a bad idea here?

I think a flawed gun law that encourages citizens to protect themselves but doesn't require permits or training is a bad idea
What problems have been caused by citizens who now carry openly?

I'm not talking about the police crimes committed in Racine, West Allis, Brookfield, & Madison, but by citizens.

Who's been wrongfully shot, who's been accidentally shot, and how would requiring training change that? (It wouldn't since nothing bad has happened. And no, I don't think Jesus' shooting was bad. I think he defended himself within the law.)