• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

email from the Brady Bunch 25MAY11

MKEgal

This email was titled "tell ATF to crack down on assult rifle smuggling"
Which esp. coming from the Brady Bunch is hilarious, given that it's the ATF that has been doing the smuggling.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) has proposed an important new step to curb gun smuggling to Mexico.

ATF wants to hear from you and has asked for the public to weigh in with comments on its new idea.

Please tell ATF that you support its proposal to require reporting of multiple sales of weapons, such as semi-automatic military-style assault rifles, by gun dealers in the Southwest border states of California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas.

The comment period closes May 31, so please click here to take action today!

America's gun laws are so weak that gun dealers don't even have to inform law enforcement when they sell dozens of these weapons of war in one sale.

The violence fueled by our weak gun laws is killing thousands both here and in Mexico, and gun trafficking to Mexico threatens to cause a major foreign policy crisis for the U.S.

Please make your voice heard and help ATF crack down on gunrunners to Mexico and contribute to security in Mexico and the United States.

Dennis Henigan, Vice President
Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence

Here's info on how to fax or email comments:
OMB recommends that written comments be faxed to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, OMB, Attn: DOJ Desk Officer, Fax: 202-395-7285, or e-mailed to oira_submission@omb.eop.gov. All comments should be identified with the OMB control number [1140-NEW]. Also include the DOJ docket number found in brackets in the heading of this document.
Be sure to read what they say about the 4 things they're inviting comment on.
Keep it on topic.

Here's why we need to circulate this and WRITE the ATF:
This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register... December 17, 2010, allowing for a 60-day comment period. ATF received 12,680 comments from this collection (8928 commenters support the collection, and 3752 commenters opposed to the collection).
Unless I'm seriously misreading what they're saying, it looks like they've received fairly few comments (compared to the overall # of gun owners) and they're running 3:1 in favor of more gov't registration.

Last edited:

OldCurlyWolf

This email was titled "tell ATF to crack down on assult rifle smuggling"
Which esp. coming from the Brady Bunch is hilarious, given that it's the ATF that has been doing the smuggling.

Here's info on how to fax or email comments:

Be sure to read what they say about the 4 things they're inviting comment on.
Keep it on topic.

Here's why we need to curculate this and WRITE the ATF:

Unless I'm seriously misreading what they're saying, it looks like they've received fairly few comments (compared to the overall # of gun owners) and they're running 3:1 in favor of more gov't registration.

And we all know how truthful the ATF is:)banghead:) and especially on the witness stand in court:mad::cuss::shocker:

MKEgal

The comments (fax or email, above) go to the OMB, not the ATF.
So the liars can't 'misplace' comments they don't like.

Aside from the normal Brady hype, I think it's stupid of them to be trying to control everyday citizens when
1) it's been PROVEN that the ATF is responsible for smuggling guns into Mexico. Registering private sales to private citizens won't do a thing to stop a gov't agency.

2) Mexico has very very strict gun-related laws and high gun-related violence

3) Registration won't just be in the border states.

The one thing they got right is:
gun trafficking to Mexico threatens to cause a major foreign policy crisis for the U.S.
Need to abolish the ATF.

jag06

The comments (fax or email, above) go to the OMB, not the ATF.
So the liars can't 'misplace' comments they don't like.

Aside from the normal Brady hype, I think it's stupid of them to be trying to control everyday citizens when
1) it's been PROVEN that the ATF is responsible for smuggling guns into Mexico. Registering private sales to private citizens won't do a thing to stop a gov't agency.

2) Mexico has very very strict gun-related laws and high gun-related violence

3) Registration won't just be in the border states.

The one thing they got right is:

Need to abolish the ATF.

+1, ATF send guns over, CIA brings drugs back over, then the police arrest you for smoking pot(A known cancer cure). Everybody wins but us.

since9

Campaign Veteran

If I'm not mistaken, regardless of how many or in what favor the comments read, both the ATF and the BCPHG will themselves always favor more gun control.

I'm all for adding my comments, but in order to avoid being added to their database, it won't be by fax, as they'll have your sending number, name, and address. Even if you a service like Kinkos, those services keep a record of the sender. Even with cash transactions, they'll have a video record.

Same with e-mail. Even if you use a burner (one-time use e-mail) they can still track your IP address. Thus, use a burner and from a location you never frequent.

I know it sounds devious, but it's not. Our freedom of speech has no strings attached with respect to having to reveal our identity.