• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WAVE's Survey

XDFDE45

I can only imagine what the results will be from them but considering their penchant for not allowing or deleting posts from people who are in favor of being able to carry one has to wonder just how accurate their "polls" are.

IcrewUH60

Five hundred one randomly selected registered Wisconsin
voters were drawn from the Catalist voter file and interviewed from 6:00p to 9:00p from May 15 th through 17th

3 hours a night over 3 nights wow thats a lot of research..... pffft. This "survey" doese not carry any weight with me. With surveys you could continue to "randomly" poll until you get the answers you want..... then stop the survey and release your "results".

Vandil

Brendon .45

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
There was a clip or Jeri on the news this morning. Something about "our poll shows that 2 out of 3 are against any form of carry". If they did infact use only the DNC list as a pool, they still got one third in favor! Add the vast majority of conservatives in favor and what do you get??? ;)

safcrkr

I took my own "survey" this morning in the coffee shop. At the big table in back where I usually sit, it was unanamous... 11-0 in favor of CC. Included in my survey are a retired city cop, retired WI state trooper, retired DNR warden. Therefore, my survey's results say that 100% of those surveyed approve of CC... and furthermore, 100% of law enforcement personel surveyed approved also.

MKEgal

They got responses from 501 people who said they were registered to vote in WI & likely to vote in the 2012 election. Doesn't seem statistically significant to me. Didn't we just have several million people vote in the last WI election?
And how many people voted to approve the constitutional amendment protecting our RKBA in WI?

From the survey:
I'm going to read you a list of the types of places where the new law would allow citizens to carry concealed, loaded guns. Those places include banks, taverns, churches, playgrounds, grocery stores, daycare facilities, theaters, school zones, hospitals, parks, & other public places.
If people are carrying concealed, loaded guns in these places where you typically go to work, shop, relax, or gather with your family & friends, would you feel safer, less safe, or would it make no difference?
They make it sound like
a) people aren't allowed to carry in those places now,
b) criminals don't already carry in those places now,
c) criminals don't already carry concealed now,
d) citizens would act like criminals.

They ask about a background check to buy or carry in public,
and training to "carry a loaded handgun in public".

oliverclotheshoff

They got responses from 501 people who said they were registered to vote in WI & likely to vote in the 2012 election. Doesn't seem statistically significant to me. Didn't we just have several million people vote in the last WI election?
QUOTE]

according to walkers news clip about the voter id bill it was rouphly 3.5 million people voted out of about 4.5 million people with a valid state id in wi and the state of wi has as of jan 1 2010 5.7 million people (http://www.doa.state.wi.us/docview.asp?locid=9&docid=7269)