• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Video of Maplewood Mayor's speech just before banning Open Carry.

cash50

My opinion of Maplewood citizens is very low after seeing this is their representative.

wow6599

This a terrible for the citizens of Maplewood, but they elected the idiot(s) and they have to live there. Me, I don't live there and sure as hell won't give any business' there a dime...........

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I am only pissed off that I did not get the video of where he compared openly carrying to protesting at a vets funeral!

He is an unimpressive POS.

kylemoul

nothing in his speech made any sense...

saying we should be grateful about the right given to us by our constitution?
maybe he needs to read the 2nd amendment and A1Sec23

Sabotage70

elmerccw.jpg

chakragod

It's irresponsible to think that Gun Free Zones such as schools, certain businesses, and the work place really work. It's irresponsible to not use my given rights to protect myself and others that cannot, no matter where I am.

Another elected official living in a fantasy world.

peterarthur

My email to the mayor:

Mayor,

You and your city council are an affront to the spilled blood of Americans that have defended our right to bear arms as protected by our Constitution. What part of "shall not be infringed" is hard for you to understand? I believe that you may actually have a CCW, but I doubt you have the wherewithal to actually carry a weapon IF you really believe that open carry is dangerous to your community. By passing that ordinance without citizen approval (as in an election), you have proven that you support the oppressive, rights-violating policies of the current federal government and do not deserve the trust of the public that elected you.

Perhaps you would be happier in a banana republic that does not allow citizens to question leadership? All I know is that you have violated the Constitution and made a lie of the oath you took for office.
Shame on you and your council. I suppose this is what we should expect from elected leaders these days; dishonor, lies and oppression. Would you dare to do right the right thing after all? History suggests the opposite...

An American Citizen from Missouri,