• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Video of Maplewood Mayor's speech just before banning Open Carry.

Max

I will be vacationing in Missouri next week and will make sure to avoid Maplewood. It would appear they don't need my gun toting tourist dollars.

Tony4310

If he actually responds I'll be surprised lol. I doubt he will seeing as he doesn't give a flying f*** what anyone thinks!

mspgunner

I've sent him 2 emails, he doesn't answer. Even sent him s very nice cartoon!
Here is his email address if anyone else cares to contact this public servant:
j-white@cityofmaplewood.com

I'm sure he'd like to hear from you.

I didn't send him this one, maybe some one would like to?
wewilldobusinesselseware.jpg

Last edited:

kylemoul

i took some time to write him a "lovely" message; somewhat criticizing.

however i dont know if i shall post it due to the fact i see too much bashing on this forum.
everyone has the right to the freedom of speech.

REALteach4u

My email to the mayor:

Mayor,

You and your city council are an affront to the spilled blood of Americans that have defended our right to bear arms as protected by our Constitution. What part of "shall not be infringed" is hard for you to understand? I believe that you may actually have a CCW, but I doubt you have the wherewithal to actually carry a weapon IF you really believe that open carry is dangerous to your community. By passing that ordinance without citizen approval (as in an election), you have proven that you support the oppressive, rights-violating policies of the current federal government and do not deserve the trust of the public that elected you.

Perhaps you would be happier in a banana republic that does not allow citizens to question leadership? All I know is that you have violated the Constitution and made a lie of the oath you took for office.
Shame on you and your council. I suppose this is what we should expect from elected leaders these days; dishonor, lies and oppression. Would you dare to do right the right thing after all? History suggests the opposite...

An American Citizen from Missouri,

Great letter Peter!

Since when is it a right of the government to legislate rights away? I've yet to find that as a protected right anywhere in the US Constitution or the Missouri Constitution.

Exercise your 2A rights only to remove those same rights from others and you lose your 2A rights permanently! Time to kick that jack-wagon out of office or disarm the Maplewood PD until they follow 2A's provision of "shall not be infringed". After all, the Mayor said it himself that open carry is irresponsible and an afront to the people, so disarm the PD per the Mayor's own beliefs.

Anyone from Maplewood wish to petition the courts to have the Mayor's CCW permit revoked for a pattern of behavior that poses a danger to himself or others? You could bring in multiple plaintiffs on this one as well as the Supreme Court case where they ruled that LEOs have no duty to protect the people or the property of the people.

Last edited: