Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Rimfire extended mag questioin

  1. #1
    Regular Member Gundude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sandy Eggo County
    Posts
    1,691

    Rimfire extended mag questioin

    If, you owned a .22 LR with a 30 rd mag before the extended mag ban, and you lose the weapon in a tragic boating accident, but you didn't lose the mag.....
    You buy another .22 weapon that accepts that mag, is it legal to use?
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Red Bluff, California, USA
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
    If, you owned a .22 LR with a 30 rd mag before the extended mag ban, and you lose the weapon in a tragic boating accident, but you didn't lose the mag.....
    You buy another .22 weapon that accepts that mag, is it legal to use?
    Yes, possession of the mag prior to the ban is the important issue.

    I can legally posses high capacity mags from guns I didn't even own prior to the ban. As long as I possessed the mags prior to the ban.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Gundude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sandy Eggo County
    Posts
    1,691
    Quote Originally Posted by camsoup View Post
    Yes, possession of the mag prior to the ban is the important issue.

    I can legally posses high capacity mags from guns I didn't even own prior to the ban. As long as I possessed the mags prior to the ban.
    I supose, If I were arrested, after hiring a lawyer and numerous other expences, The burden of proof would be on the DA to prove when the mag was purchased.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Red Bluff, California, USA
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
    I supose, If I were arrested, after hiring a lawyer and numerous other expences, The burden of proof would be on the DA to prove when the mag was purchased.
    Most certainly... the actual possession of high capacity mags isn't illegal. Its only illegal to manufacture, sell, give or import them into the state.

  5. #5
    State Pioneer ConditionThree's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shasta County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,231
    Quote Originally Posted by camsoup View Post
    Most certainly... the actual possession of high capacity mags isn't illegal. Its only illegal to manufacture, sell, give or import them into the state.
    Dont forget lend.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

    NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW


    Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Red Bluff, California, USA
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post
    Dont forget lend.
    True...although there is an exception to the lending portion. As long as I lend you a mag, and we are in the same area ie. shooting range, you can legally use my legally owned high capacity mag.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Escondido, California, USA
    Posts
    1,140
    Possession isn't illegal.

    Bwiese has told is that there is a 3yr statute of limitations on illegal import/assembly.

    Burden of proof is upon the state.

    Rest easy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •