Thread: What I wish i wouldve heard mentioned on the SB93 discusion today...

What I wish i wouldve heard mentioned on the SB93 discusion today...

..let me know if this was mentioned and maybe i missed it....When Erpenbach adn Risser were trying to discredit the bill, with fantastical scenerios, I wish it woulve been pointed out that an armed individual could prevent or stop an assault on even Risser or Erpenbach...arms not just for the protection of the armed individual.

both those idiots brought up hunters education to be able to hunt, I wish someone had pointed out that hunting is a privilege and not a constitutional right.
    I had to change my signature because you know who got upset about it.

Hunting, fishing and trapping is a constitutional right under Article I section 26 of the Wisconsin constitution. Unfortunately it contains the words --subject to reasonable regulation---- .

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryD View Post
    both those idiots brought up hunters education to be able to hunt, I wish someone had pointed out that hunting is a privilege and not a constitutional right.
    Also, hunter education doesn't apply to people born before 1973 (is that the right year). If that's the case, I don't need training for oc or cc either.

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    Also, hunter education doesn't apply to people born before 1973 (is that the right year). If that's the case, I don't need training for oc or cc either.
    Senator Kedzie brought up that point in response also.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    Hunting, fishing and trapping is a constitutional right under Article I section 26 of the Wisconsin constitution. Unfortunately it contains the words --subject to reasonable regulation---- .
    Hunting is guaranteed under Article 1, Section 25 as well but under Section 26, it is regulated. Why is that? It is double speak!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

And exactly how much actual gun training does hunter safety offer?
    Most of the time seems to cover things OTHER than gun safety. It certainly doesn't handle liability of shooting a bad guy, how to try other options to protect yourself first, etc.
    I took 2 of the 3 days of hunter safety. I was so bored, I already knew most of the stuff. I skipped the 3rd day cause I thought the highlight of the day was to be shooting .22 rifles. Then I saw some instructors drag out some air rifles. Figured it wasn't worth my time. I found out later they DID use .22's. I was 12 and it wasn't a requirement back then.
    By that time, and since then, I have had LOTS of training through family and friends. In fact, I bet most hunters out there get it the same way, not through hunter safety. That is traditional as the deer hunt. I've never taken a formal class, although I came close a couple of weeks ago...

I aim to disagree Sir , Hunting is a Constitutional Right in Wisconsin Art 1. Sec. 26. But hunting and self defense are two different animals during hunting you are intending to use you firearm . Carrying for self defense you hope like hell you don't have to use your firearm . Kinda like a NUKE nice to have , hell to use !
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

Quote Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
    I aim to disagree Sir , Hunting is a Constitutional Right in Wisconsin Art 1. Sec. 26. But hunting and self defense are two different animals during hunting you are intending to use you firearm . Carrying for self defense you hope like hell you don't have to use your firearm . Kinda like a NUKE nice to have , hell to use !
    I like this analogy, +1 good sir...
    Join Wisconsin Carry today, defend your rights!

Wisconsin Carry member since March, 2011

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    - Thomas Jefferson