• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What I wish i wouldve heard mentioned on the SB93 discusion today...

GlockRDH

..let me know if this was mentioned and maybe i missed it....When Erpenbach adn Risser were trying to discredit the bill, with fantastical scenerios, I wish it woulve been pointed out that an armed individual could prevent or stop an assault on even Risser or Erpenbach...arms not just for the protection of the armed individual.

JerryD

both those idiots brought up hunters education to be able to hunt, I wish someone had pointed out that hunting is a privilege and not a constitutional right.

Captain Nemo

Hunting, fishing and trapping is a constitutional right under Article I section 26 of the Wisconsin constitution. Unfortunately it contains the words --subject to reasonable regulation---- .

paul@paul-fisher.com

both those idiots brought up hunters education to be able to hunt, I wish someone had pointed out that hunting is a privilege and not a constitutional right.

Also, hunter education doesn't apply to people born before 1973 (is that the right year). If that's the case, I don't need training for oc or cc either.

protias

Hunting, fishing and trapping is a constitutional right under Article I section 26 of the Wisconsin constitution. Unfortunately it contains the words --subject to reasonable regulation---- .
Hunting is guaranteed under Article 1, Section 25 as well but under Section 26, it is regulated. Why is that? It is double speak!

rcav8r

And exactly how much actual gun training does hunter safety offer?
Most of the time seems to cover things OTHER than gun safety. It certainly doesn't handle liability of shooting a bad guy, how to try other options to protect yourself first, etc.
I took 2 of the 3 days of hunter safety. I was so bored, I already knew most of the stuff. I skipped the 3rd day cause I thought the highlight of the day was to be shooting .22 rifles. Then I saw some instructors drag out some air rifles. Figured it wasn't worth my time. I found out later they DID use .22's. I was 12 and it wasn't a requirement back then.
By that time, and since then, I have had LOTS of training through family and friends. In fact, I bet most hunters out there get it the same way, not through hunter safety. That is traditional as the deer hunt. I've never taken a formal class, although I came close a couple of weeks ago...:)

littlewolf

I aim to disagree Sir , Hunting is a Constitutional Right in Wisconsin Art 1. Sec. 26. But hunting and self defense are two different animals during hunting you are intending to use you firearm . Carrying for self defense you hope like hell you don't have to use your firearm . Kinda like a NUKE nice to have , hell to use !

Pyro01

I aim to disagree Sir , Hunting is a Constitutional Right in Wisconsin Art 1. Sec. 26. But hunting and self defense are two different animals during hunting you are intending to use you firearm . Carrying for self defense you hope like hell you don't have to use your firearm . Kinda like a NUKE nice to have , hell to use !

I like this analogy, +1 good sir...