Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Republicans v. Democrats

  1. #1
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278

    Republicans v. Democrats

    I am beginning to wonder if individuals are going to decide what they want. Low taxes, but retain services. Something's got to give here.

    For some reason there seems to be a disconnect between individuals awareness of the issue of taxes, and the issue of services overlapping.

    This particular article seems to be somewhat balanced (although it focuses on the Ryan (R) plan), but leans 'left' a bit, IMO, but hey, it's the NY Times!

    What's the point to this thread? Well, let's see how it plays out.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/26/us...e.html?_r=1&hp

    "But after a 2010 election that seemed to signal not only a Republican resurgence but also a rejection of big government and a need for bold, Tea Party-type steps to slash spending, the politics now look a whole lot more complicated. Both parties are being reminded anew that voters like the idea of budget cuts, but that they often recoil when those cuts threaten the programs that touch their lives."
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  2. #2
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Boot em both.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  3. #3
    Regular Member VW_Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Leesburg, GA
    Posts
    1,098
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Boot em both.
    +1

  4. #4
    Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    546
    constitutionalists +1........democrats . crap. Republicans Crap.........both have good ideas......BUT they spend too much time suing the heck out of eachother and fighting to ever get anything DONE.

    i say, if someone is not infringing on the rights of anyone around them. let them DO WHAT THEY WANT AND LEAVE THEM ALONE. :-) i say as the previous posters.......BOOT EM BOTH lol
    Last edited by carry for myself; 05-25-2011 at 05:58 PM. Reason: typo
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    , North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by carry for myself View Post
    constitutionalists +1........democrats . crap. Republicans Crap.........both have good ideas......BUT they spend too much time suing the heck out of eachother and fighting to ever get anything DONE.

    i say, if someone is not infringing on the rights of anyone around them. let them DO WHAT THEY WANT AND LEAVE THEM ALONE. :-) i say as the previous posters.......BOOT EM BOTH lol
    +2

    We live in a country with a 1 party system with the perception of a two party system. They both have the same goals just slightly different ways to get them done. The main objective is to pit neighbor against neighbor so they spend all their time arguing republican this and democratic that instead of uniting to get something done. Once you get out of the republican/democratic black-hole, things become so much more clear and you realize how stupid it was to have been sucked in.

    Stop funding 3 wars, its not doing us any good. Stop with all the welfare, its costing us to much. Stop spending billions taking our rights away, its costing us more than money we don't have.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278
    Quote Originally Posted by jag06 View Post
    +2

    We live in a country with a 1 party system with the perception of a two party system. They both have the same goals just slightly different ways to get them done. The main objective is to pit neighbor against neighbor so they spend all their time arguing republican this and democratic that instead of uniting to get something done. Once you get out of the republican/democratic black-hole, things become so much more clear and you realize how stupid it was to have been sucked in.

    Stop funding 3 wars, its not doing us any good. Stop with all the welfare, its costing us to much. Stop spending billions taking our rights away, its costing us more than money we don't have.
    +3...as long as the 'welfare' is replaced with a system that actually gets individuals self-sufficient, and not in some 'welfare' limbo for life. If that makes sense. I would go into personal stuff here, but will hold-off for the moment.

    Does anyone have numbers on lawsuits filed within the Government against the Government?
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  7. #7
    Regular Member HKcarrier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    831
    There is so much absolutely SICK spending and that needs to change. Building stupid parks that people never use, beautification projects, bridges to nowhere, there is MUCh fat to cut.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278
    Quote Originally Posted by HKcarrier View Post
    There is so much absolutely SICK spending and that needs to change. Building stupid parks that people never use, beautification projects, bridges to nowhere, there is MUCh fat to cut.
    Wasn't the bridge actually to somewhere; that 'somewhere' was to a place with few inhabitants?
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  9. #9
    Regular Member VW_Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Leesburg, GA
    Posts
    1,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Wasn't the bridge actually to somewhere; that 'somewhere' was to a place with few inhabitants?
    I remember hearing something along the lines of..

    Its like buying a fleet of school buses, to drive two people to work..

  10. #10
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278
    Quote Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
    I remember hearing something along the lines of..

    Its like buying a fleet of school buses, to drive two people to work..
    That's one thing that pisses me off is my kids being bussed across town to school when there is a school for them to attend a block away from the house. It's a vicious cycle of fiscal stupidity.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 05-25-2011 at 10:17 PM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    That's one thing that pisses me off is my kids being bussed across town to school when there is a school for them to attend a block away from the house. It's a vicious cycle of fiscal stupidity.
    The bussing's done a lot more to raise fuel bills than it has to raise the test scores of those it was intended to help.

    When you mix smart kids with not so smart kids, all of them lose. The teacher spends almost all her time just getting the less intelligent kids to pass, while neglecting the smarter kids who need her help to reach their full potential. Nobody wins except the politicians. The kids and the taxpayers lose big time!

  12. #12
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278
    Quote Originally Posted by mousegurl View Post
    The bussing's done a lot more to raise fuel bills than it has to raise the test scores of those it was intended to help.

    When you mix smart kids with not so smart kids, all of them lose. The teacher spends almost all her time just getting the less intelligent kids to pass, while neglecting the smarter kids who need her help to reach their full potential. Nobody wins except the politicians. The kids and the taxpayers lose big time!

    Nearly every complaint my kids return home with is that there is some kid in class throwing a chair across the room, or other forms of disruptions. It's amazing to hear just how much of the teachers time is spent with disruptive kids, at the expense of the education of the kids that are there to actually learn. I am lucky to have readaholics though. My kids come home, and read a lot.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 05-25-2011 at 10:31 PM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  13. #13
    Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    546
    Quote Originally Posted by mousegurl View Post
    The bussing's done a lot more to raise fuel bills than it has to raise the test scores of those it was intended to help.

    When you mix smart kids with not so smart kids, all of them lose. The teacher spends almost all her time just getting the less intelligent kids to pass, while neglecting the smarter kids who need her help to reach their full potential. Nobody wins except the politicians. The kids and the taxpayers lose big time!
    a politician is a man/woman who can tell you to screw off and go to hell........and do it in such a way that you look forward to the trip.

    i say anyone in politics for over 2 years.....OUT and there should be a 2 year limit in poltics in general. takes about 2 years to take an honest person and corrupt the hell out of them. so after 2 out with the old greed in with the new blood.
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

  14. #14
    Regular Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grennsboro NC
    Posts
    5,358
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Boot em both.
    +1,000,000

    If just HALF the people in this country who complain about the Dems and Reps would vote ONLY for 3rd party candidates, the ENTIRE executive branch would be pretty much purged of the Democraps and Repuglicans by 2014.

    People talk the talk in this nation, but very few walk the walk--ESPECIALLY at the polls...

    How can we expect to win a "shooting war" with an oppressive regime if we can't even get our **** together enough to VOTE these self-righteous oligarchical sociopaths out of office? Let alone, when we waste our time buying into the whole "left/right" finger-pointing smokescreen, instead of looking at the REAL issues--like the fact that we're currently witnessing the LARGEST bank robbery in the history of the planet--and WE the PEOPLE are going to be expected to foot the bill...

    To quote the eternally-prescient George Clinton of "Parlaiment-Funkadelic" (The ONLY Clinton I would ever vote for...):

    "You don't need the bullet when you got the ballot."

    Stop pushing each other's buttons, people, and START "pulling some levers"...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •