• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Republicans v. Democrats

Beretta92FSLady

I am beginning to wonder if individuals are going to decide what they want. Low taxes, but retain services. Something's got to give here.

For some reason there seems to be a disconnect between individuals awareness of the issue of taxes, and the issue of services overlapping.

This particular article seems to be somewhat balanced (although it focuses on the Ryan (R) plan), but leans 'left' a bit, IMO, but hey, it's the NY Times!

What's the point to this thread? Well, let's see how it plays out.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/26/us/politics/26medicare.html?_r=1&hp

"But after a 2010 election that seemed to signal not only a Republican resurgence but also a rejection of big government and a need for bold, Tea Party-type steps to slash spending, the politics now look a whole lot more complicated. Both parties are being reminded anew that voters like the idea of budget cuts, but that they often recoil when those cuts threaten the programs that touch their lives."

carry for myself

constitutionalists +1........democrats . crap. Republicans Crap.........both have good ideas......BUT they spend too much time suing the heck out of eachother and fighting to ever get anything DONE.

i say, if someone is not infringing on the rights of anyone around them. let them DO WHAT THEY WANT AND LEAVE THEM ALONE. :) i say as the previous posters.......BOOT EM BOTH lol

Last edited:

jag06

constitutionalists +1........democrats . crap. Republicans Crap.........both have good ideas......BUT they spend too much time suing the heck out of eachother and fighting to ever get anything DONE.

i say, if someone is not infringing on the rights of anyone around them. let them DO WHAT THEY WANT AND LEAVE THEM ALONE. :) i say as the previous posters.......BOOT EM BOTH lol

+2

We live in a country with a 1 party system with the perception of a two party system. They both have the same goals just slightly different ways to get them done. The main objective is to pit neighbor against neighbor so they spend all their time arguing republican this and democratic that instead of uniting to get something done. Once you get out of the republican/democratic black-hole, things become so much more clear and you realize how stupid it was to have been sucked in.

Stop funding 3 wars, its not doing us any good. Stop with all the welfare, its costing us to much. Stop spending billions taking our rights away, its costing us more than money we don't have.

Beretta92FSLady

+2

We live in a country with a 1 party system with the perception of a two party system. They both have the same goals just slightly different ways to get them done. The main objective is to pit neighbor against neighbor so they spend all their time arguing republican this and democratic that instead of uniting to get something done. Once you get out of the republican/democratic black-hole, things become so much more clear and you realize how stupid it was to have been sucked in.

Stop funding 3 wars, its not doing us any good. Stop with all the welfare, its costing us to much. Stop spending billions taking our rights away, its costing us more than money we don't have.

+3...as long as the 'welfare' is replaced with a system that actually gets individuals self-sufficient, and not in some 'welfare' limbo for life. If that makes sense. I would go into personal stuff here, but will hold-off for the moment.

Does anyone have numbers on lawsuits filed within the Government against the Government?

HKcarrier

There is so much absolutely SICK spending and that needs to change. Building stupid parks that people never use, beautification projects, bridges to nowhere, there is MUCh fat to cut.

Beretta92FSLady

There is so much absolutely SICK spending and that needs to change. Building stupid parks that people never use, beautification projects, bridges to nowhere, there is MUCh fat to cut.

Wasn't the bridge actually to somewhere; that 'somewhere' was to a place with few inhabitants?

Beretta92FSLady

I remember hearing something along the lines of..

Its like buying a fleet of school buses, to drive two people to work..

That's one thing that pisses me off is my kids being bussed across town to school when there is a school for them to attend a block away from the house. It's a vicious cycle of fiscal stupidity.

Last edited:

mousegurl

That's one thing that pisses me off is my kids being bussed across town to school when there is a school for them to attend a block away from the house. It's a vicious cycle of fiscal stupidity.

The bussing's done a lot more to raise fuel bills than it has to raise the test scores of those it was intended to help.

When you mix smart kids with not so smart kids, all of them lose. The teacher spends almost all her time just getting the less intelligent kids to pass, while neglecting the smarter kids who need her help to reach their full potential. Nobody wins except the politicians. The kids and the taxpayers lose big time!

Beretta92FSLady

The bussing's done a lot more to raise fuel bills than it has to raise the test scores of those it was intended to help.

When you mix smart kids with not so smart kids, all of them lose. The teacher spends almost all her time just getting the less intelligent kids to pass, while neglecting the smarter kids who need her help to reach their full potential. Nobody wins except the politicians. The kids and the taxpayers lose big time!

Nearly every complaint my kids return home with is that there is some kid in class throwing a chair across the room, or other forms of disruptions. It's amazing to hear just how much of the teachers time is spent with disruptive kids, at the expense of the education of the kids that are there to actually learn. I am lucky to have readaholics though. My kids come home, and read a lot.

Last edited:

carry for myself

a politician is a man/woman who can tell you to screw off and go to hell........and do it in such a way that you look forward to the trip.

i say anyone in politics for over 2 years.....OUT and there should be a 2 year limit in poltics in general. takes about 2 years to take an honest person and corrupt the hell out of them. so after 2 out with the old greed in with the new blood.

Dreamer

Boot em both.

+1,000,000

If just HALF the people in this country who complain about the Dems and Reps would vote ONLY for 3rd party candidates, the ENTIRE executive branch would be pretty much purged of the Democraps and Repuglicans by 2014.

People talk the talk in this nation, but very few walk the walk--ESPECIALLY at the polls...

How can we expect to win a "shooting war" with an oppressive regime if we can't even get our **** together enough to VOTE these self-righteous oligarchical sociopaths out of office? Let alone, when we waste our time buying into the whole "left/right" finger-pointing smokescreen, instead of looking at the REAL issues--like the fact that we're currently witnessing the LARGEST bank robbery in the history of the planet--and WE the PEOPLE are going to be expected to foot the bill...

To quote the eternally-prescient George Clinton of "Parlaiment-Funkadelic" (The ONLY Clinton I would ever vote for...):

"You don't need the bullet when you got the ballot."

Stop pushing each other's buttons, people, and START "pulling some levers"...