Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: All Ok. Tresspassers will be shot.

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    131

    All Ok. Tresspassers will be shot.



    Image is from Joplin, Mo



    That picture is awesome.

    I think we all learned something after Katrina. And so did the government, after they seized countless firearms from law abiding citizens.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,797
    I wonder why it says "all ok tresspassers" will be shot and not just "all tresspassers." If they mean all Oklahoma tresspassers how will they know if the tresspasser is from Oklahoma? Or do they simply mean all non-hurt (so physically ok) tresspassers?

    But I know I had my gun on me while the storms were hitting us and had a bag with ammo and other gun stuff ready to go into the storm shelter should we of needed to take cover. I wasn't about to be unarmed should it have caused another Katrina-like situation.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Henderson, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    I wonder why it says "all ok tresspassers" will be shot and not just "all tresspassers." If they mean all Oklahoma tresspassers how will they know if the tresspasser is from Oklahoma? Or do they simply mean all non-hurt (so physically ok) tresspassers?
    It's two sentences - one written on the door, one written on the side of the house.

    1. All ok. As in, all inside are okay, so leave us alone. Don't try to use "we were trying to determine the welfare of the occupants" as an excuse to enter where you're not welcome.
    2. Trespassers will be shot. Self-explanatory.

    Quite frankly, after the BS that happened during Katrina, I can't blame them in the slightest.
    Last edited by LV XD9; 05-25-2011 at 05:28 PM.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Outdoorsman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Silver Lake WI
    Posts
    1,249
    I always liked....

    "Tresspassers will be shot.... Survivors will be shot again".....

    Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

    George Cecil (1891–1970) American advertising copywriter

    Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

  5. #5
    Regular Member VW_Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Leesburg, GA
    Posts
    1,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman1 View Post
    I always liked....

    "Tresspassers will be shot.... Survivors will be shot again".....

    Outdoorsman1
    My sign out back says roughly the same. KEEP OUT. Trespassers will be will shot, survivors will be prosecuted.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    CONUS
    Posts
    83
    If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action. - George Washington

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    , North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    292
    Agreed with everyone els, after Katrina I think this guy has it right.

    Here are some of my favorite signs I see at local gun shows.

    http://www.cnegfx.com/products/Tress...gain-Sign.html

    http://goldtent.net/wp_gold/wp-conte...ge-500x350.jpg

  8. #8
    Regular Member Nevada carrier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Epicenter of Freedom
    Posts
    1,297
    Last edited by Nevada carrier; 05-26-2011 at 08:03 AM.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevada carrier View Post
    HA! Great sign. I think the best part.... is that its hosted on a 'bridal shower themes' website!!

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Oh, great! An "assault" sign. The anti's will be all over this one.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,026
    Trespassers will be VIOLATED.
    (survivors will be shot)

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Granite State of Mind
    Posts
    4,510
    The double meaning is pretty funny, especially given the regional rivalry in the four states area.

    One of my fellow crufflers lives in NE OK, but his wife works at the hospital that was hit (and was on duty at the time). They're okay, but they're not finding a lot to laugh about these days.

  13. #13
    Regular Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grennsboro NC
    Posts
    5,358
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Oh, great! An "assault" sign. The anti's will be all over this one.
    A Barrett is an "assault rifle"? How exactly does that work?

    Since when does a 31lb, 57" long rifle with a 10rd magazine fit ANY description of an "assault rifle", even by the most frothingly namby-pamby bed-wetting definition?

    Anyone who would classify a Barrett as an "assault rifle" has obviously never tried to run with one (and a few magazines) for any distance...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 05-26-2011 at 10:22 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

  14. #14
    Regular Member XD40coyote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    woman stuck in Maryland, ,
    Posts
    709
    The barrett .50 is a super duper extra meany long range sniper rifle used to shoot down 747's flying over elementary schools. Didn't you know that?

  15. #15
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705
    Quote Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
    My sign out back says roughly the same. KEEP OUT. Trespassers will be will shot, survivors will be prosecuted.
    In a testimony of how times change... in 1981, my Freshman year of college, I put up a sign that said almost exactly that (minus the "Keep Out" part) on my dorm room door! A photo of it even ended up in the yearbook that year... not a word was said for the whole school year.

    Back then we were smart enough to know a funny when we read it... I suppose I would have been kicked out of school and arrested for this if I tried it today...

    TFred

  16. #16
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,622
    Many years ago I had this exact sign on my back door.

    Click to enlarge


    My liability insurance agent, a personal friend, went ballistic. Said his company might deny coverage if the SHTF - indicated intent compromising the terms of the policy.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  17. #17
    Regular Member jbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    2,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Many years ago I had this exact sign on my back door.

    Click to enlarge


    My liability insurance agent, a personal friend, went ballistic. Said his company might deny coverage if the SHTF - indicated intent compromising the terms of the policy.
    I would think a simple sign that states "beware of Gun", it couldn't be seen anymore intent indicating than a Beware of Dog sign, right?

  18. #18
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    SNIP Beware of Dog sign


    BEWARE OF DOG

    [photo of Charter Arms .44 Bulldog]

    ?


  19. #19
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705
    Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    In a testimony of how times change... in 1981, my Freshman year of college, I put up a sign that said almost exactly that (minus the "Keep Out" part) on my dorm room door! A photo of it even ended up in the yearbook that year... not a word was said for the whole school year.

    Back then we were smart enough to know a funny when we read it... I suppose I would have been kicked out of school and arrested for this if I tried it today...

    TFred
    Ha ha, found a site with old yearbooks scanned in... found the page... it's just a thumbnail though... and might not work long... Our yearbook photographers weren't that great, apparently!



    TFred

  20. #20
    Regular Member jbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    2,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    BEWARE OF DOG


    [photo of Charter Arms .44 Bulldog]


    ?


    Perfect, where can I get one?

  21. #21
    Regular Member Jack House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    I80, USA
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Many years ago I had this exact sign on my back door.

    Click to enlarge


    My liability insurance agent, a personal friend, went ballistic. Said his company might deny coverage if the SHTF - indicated intent compromising the terms of the policy.
    That was my thought. These signs, while funny, would be all a prosecutor needed to send you for jail for lawful self defense.

  22. #22
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705
    I guess the government is the only one authorized to use signs like this... everyone recalls their "use of deadly force is authorized" signs at certain military installations.

    But authorized by who? The death penalty for trespassing? I thought "License to Kill" was just in the movies...

    TFred

  23. #23
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,622
    Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    I guess the government is the only one authorized to use signs like this... everyone recalls their "use of deadly force is authorized" signs at certain military installations.

    But authorized by who? The death penalty for trespassing? I thought "License to Kill" was just in the movies...

    TFred
    Not if "looks could....."
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •