Thread: All Ok. Tresspassers will be shot.

All Ok. Tresspassers will be shot.

Image is from Joplin, Mo

That picture is awesome.

I think we all learned something after Katrina. And so did the government, after they seized countless firearms from law abiding citizens.

I wonder why it says "all ok tresspassers" will be shot and not just "all tresspassers." If they mean all Oklahoma tresspassers how will they know if the tresspasser is from Oklahoma? Or do they simply mean all non-hurt (so physically ok) tresspassers?

But I know I had my gun on me while the storms were hitting us and had a bag with ammo and other gun stuff ready to go into the storm shelter should we of needed to take cover. I wasn't about to be unarmed should it have caused another Katrina-like situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    I wonder why it says "all ok tresspassers" will be shot and not just "all tresspassers." If they mean all Oklahoma tresspassers how will they know if the tresspasser is from Oklahoma? Or do they simply mean all non-hurt (so physically ok) tresspassers?
    It's two sentences - one written on the door, one written on the side of the house.

1. All ok. As in, all inside are okay, so leave us alone. Don't try to use "we were trying to determine the welfare of the occupants" as an excuse to enter where you're not welcome.
    2. Trespassers will be shot. Self-explanatory.

Quite frankly, after the BS that happened during Katrina, I can't blame them in the slightest.
    Last edited by LV XD9; 05-25-2011 at 05:28 PM.

I always liked....

"Tresspassers will be shot.... Survivors will be shot again".....

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (1891–1970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman1 View Post
    I always liked....

"Tresspassers will be shot.... Survivors will be shot again".....

Outdoorsman1
    My sign out back says roughly the same. KEEP OUT. Trespassers will be will shot, survivors will be prosecuted.

If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action. - George Washington

Agreed with everyone els, after Katrina I think this guy has it right.

Here are some of my favorite signs I see at local gun shows.

http://www.cnegfx.com/products/Tress...gain-Sign.html

http://goldtent.net/wp_gold/wp-conte...ge-500x350.jpg

Last edited by Nevada carrier; 05-26-2011 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada carrier View Post
    HA! Great sign. I think the best part.... is that its hosted on a 'bridal shower themes' website!!

Banned
    Oh, great! An "assault" sign. The anti's will be all over this one.

Trespassers will be VIOLATED.
    (survivors will be shot)

The double meaning is pretty funny, especially given the regional rivalry in the four states area.

One of my fellow crufflers lives in NE OK, but his wife works at the hospital that was hit (and was on duty at the time). They're okay, but they're not finding a lot to laugh about these days.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Oh, great! An "assault" sign. The anti's will be all over this one.
    A Barrett is an "assault rifle"? How exactly does that work?

Since when does a 31lb, 57" long rifle with a 10rd magazine fit ANY description of an "assault rifle", even by the most frothingly namby-pamby bed-wetting definition?

Anyone who would classify a Barrett as an "assault rifle" has obviously never tried to run with one (and a few magazines) for any distance...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 05-26-2011 at 10:22 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

The barrett .50 is a super duper extra meany long range sniper rifle used to shoot down 747's flying over elementary schools. Didn't you know that?

Quote Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
    My sign out back says roughly the same. KEEP OUT. Trespassers will be will shot, survivors will be prosecuted.
    In a testimony of how times change... in 1981, my Freshman year of college, I put up a sign that said almost exactly that (minus the "Keep Out" part) on my dorm room door! A photo of it even ended up in the yearbook that year... not a word was said for the whole school year.

Back then we were smart enough to know a funny when we read it... I suppose I would have been kicked out of school and arrested for this if I tried it today...

TFred

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Many years ago I had this exact sign on my back door.

Click to enlarge

My liability insurance agent, a personal friend, went ballistic. Said his company might deny coverage if the SHTF - indicated intent compromising the terms of the policy.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

Click to enlarge

My liability insurance agent, a personal friend, went ballistic. Said his company might deny coverage if the SHTF - indicated intent compromising the terms of the policy.
    I would think a simple sign that states "beware of Gun", it couldn't be seen anymore intent indicating than a Beware of Dog sign, right?

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    SNIP Beware of Dog sign

BEWARE OF DOG

[photo of Charter Arms .44 Bulldog]

?

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    In a testimony of how times change... in 1981, my Freshman year of college, I put up a sign that said almost exactly that (minus the "Keep Out" part) on my dorm room door! A photo of it even ended up in the yearbook that year... not a word was said for the whole school year.

Back then we were smart enough to know a funny when we read it... I suppose I would have been kicked out of school and arrested for this if I tried it today...

TFred
    Ha ha, found a site with old yearbooks scanned in... found the page... it's just a thumbnail though... and might not work long... Our yearbook photographers weren't that great, apparently!

TFred

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    BEWARE OF DOG

[photo of Charter Arms .44 Bulldog]

?

Perfect, where can I get one?

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

Click to enlarge

That was my thought. These signs, while funny, would be all a prosecutor needed to send you for jail for lawful self defense.

I guess the government is the only one authorized to use signs like this... everyone recalls their "use of deadly force is authorized" signs at certain military installations.

But authorized by who? The death penalty for trespassing? I thought "License to Kill" was just in the movies...

TFred

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    I guess the government is the only one authorized to use signs like this... everyone recalls their "use of deadly force is authorized" signs at certain military installations.

But authorized by who? The death penalty for trespassing? I thought "License to Kill" was just in the movies...

TFred
    Not if "looks could....."
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.