• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

All Ok. Tresspassers will be shot.

impulse

Picture0002.jpg

Image is from Joplin, Mo

That picture is awesome.

I think we all learned something after Katrina. And so did the government, after they seized countless firearms from law abiding citizens.

Aknazer

I wonder why it says "all ok tresspassers" will be shot and not just "all tresspassers." If they mean all Oklahoma tresspassers how will they know if the tresspasser is from Oklahoma? Or do they simply mean all non-hurt (so physically ok) tresspassers?

But I know I had my gun on me while the storms were hitting us and had a bag with ammo and other gun stuff ready to go into the storm shelter should we of needed to take cover. I wasn't about to be unarmed should it have caused another Katrina-like situation.

LV XD9

I wonder why it says "all ok tresspassers" will be shot and not just "all tresspassers." If they mean all Oklahoma tresspassers how will they know if the tresspasser is from Oklahoma? Or do they simply mean all non-hurt (so physically ok) tresspassers?

It's two sentences - one written on the door, one written on the side of the house.

1. All ok. As in, all inside are okay, so leave us alone. Don't try to use "we were trying to determine the welfare of the occupants" as an excuse to enter where you're not welcome.
2. Trespassers will be shot. Self-explanatory.

Quite frankly, after the BS that happened during Katrina, I can't blame them in the slightest.

Last edited:

KBCraig

The double meaning is pretty funny, especially given the regional rivalry in the four states area.

One of my fellow crufflers lives in NE OK, but his wife works at the hospital that was hit (and was on duty at the time). They're okay, but they're not finding a lot to laugh about these days.

Dreamer

Oh, great! An "assault" sign. The anti's will be all over this one.

A Barrett is an "assault rifle"? How exactly does that work? :banghead:

Since when does a 31lb, 57" long rifle with a 10rd magazine fit ANY description of an "assault rifle", even by the most frothingly namby-pamby bed-wetting definition?

Anyone who would classify a Barrett as an "assault rifle" has obviously never tried to run with one (and a few magazines) for any distance... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

TFred

My sign out back says roughly the same. KEEP OUT. Trespassers will be will shot, survivors will be prosecuted.
In a testimony of how times change... in 1981, my Freshman year of college, I put up a sign that said almost exactly that (minus the "Keep Out" part) on my dorm room door! A photo of it even ended up in the yearbook that year... not a word was said for the whole school year.

Back then we were smart enough to know a funny when we read it... I suppose I would have been kicked out of school and arrested for this if I tried it today...

TFred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Many years ago I had this exact sign on my back door.

Click to enlarge

My liability insurance agent, a personal friend, went ballistic. Said his company might deny coverage if the SHTF - indicated intent compromising the terms of the policy.

jbone

Many years ago I had this exact sign on my back door.

Click to enlarge

My liability insurance agent, a personal friend, went ballistic. Said his company might deny coverage if the SHTF - indicated intent compromising the terms of the policy.
I would think a simple sign that states "beware of Gun", it couldn't be seen anymore intent indicating than a Beware of Dog sign, right?

TFred

In a testimony of how times change... in 1981, my Freshman year of college, I put up a sign that said almost exactly that (minus the "Keep Out" part) on my dorm room door! A photo of it even ended up in the yearbook that year... not a word was said for the whole school year.

Back then we were smart enough to know a funny when we read it... I suppose I would have been kicked out of school and arrested for this if I tried it today...

TFred
Ha ha, found a site with old yearbooks scanned in... found the page... it's just a thumbnail though... and might not work long... Our yearbook photographers weren't that great, apparently!

170.jpg

TFred