• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB93 out of committee

rcav8r

Risser is a worthless POS. I hate the fact that he is from my district. He has never once so much as responded to any letter or email I have ever sent him about anything. :banghead:

Just for grins, send him a letter, return receipt requested. See what happens.

Pyro01

I'm not saying I would ever want such a thing, but if for some reason they were able to worm in some sort of training requirement to get the optional permit, I would hope that hunter's safety would pass as qualifiable, sorry guys who didn't have to get one >_< . Anyways, in it's current form as it is now, I would be very happy if it passed.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
Pyro, I passed hunters safety at 16 yrs old and due to my age it is not a requirement for me to hunt. I have no idea when or in what state my little paper hunters safety certificate the size of a business card got lost!
that was 30 fricken years ago.

Why did I take hunters safety, it gave me access to a great archery range before the class, and I got a free small game license out of the deal for that year. It was held at a private club with a realistic walk-through target range, and this was before 3D targets became a reality.

This was back when they carved stone tablets to keep records, I wonder if there is even any record of me taking the class back in the day?

I somewhat expected a beautiful bill that SB93 was to get hacked into the same as the failed PPA bill. Time to start voting these pricks out by regular election and/or recalls already scheduled.

What amendments did Holperin add? I think he deserves another visit and talk to discuss his backpedaling away from SB93.

treebound

I realized this is all still fairly fluid so I don't expect concrete answers yet, but here are some of the aspects I'm specifically watching:

1. School Zones
2. Parks (state, city, county, Federal, other)
3. DayCare (both formal and informal, informal being those in private homes)
4. Churches
5. Hospitals (including clinics)
6. Restaurants and places which receive more than 50% of their revenue from liquor sales.
7. Public events such as fairs, carnivals, events such as the Port Washington Fish Day.
8. Vehicle carry
9. Issues where the D.N.R. Is currently in charge.
10. Other stuff as I think of it.

I ride bicycles and motorcycles, we've got at least nine direct and indirect grandkids, and my daily wanderings could easily run me afoul of all sorts of encroachments. For example, when legislation refers to school or daycare property, does that refer to the legal property boundary which might extend past a sidewalk or bikepath or alley, or does it limit that to just the non-public areas.

Guess I'll wait until the current process proceeds further along.

One last note, I'm currently in a very non-permissive environment so I can't check links with the workstation, and my phone browser is limited on what it can view or access. But don't set the alarms off, I have a significant amount of clear/idle time as I sit here watching the hour glass on the monitor while the system process stuff, so I'm not using employer time, I'm utilizing idle time. (Just in case some nanny is reading).

I appreciate the site and input from most members here, thank you. Without some of you folks, things would not be where they are today.

Pyro01

I understand that. But what is with this magical 1000 ft thing?

No clue, maybe they think bullets aren't lethal after 1000 feet. If I fired a rifle at a 0 degree angle of elevation, a 180gr bullet from a 30-06 with a 100 yard zero would only drop 20 inches in 350 yards. If I'm 75 inches tall and the rifle is fired from a height of 71 inches, the bullet would hit a target 51 inches high at 350 yards with no angle of elevation adjustment. 1000 feet doesn't do jack s**t against rifles.

If you did the same thing with a 45 Long Colt that weighed 250 grains and traveled at 750 fps, fired it from the same height with no angle of elevation, it would hit dirt at 164 yards. The drop on the same bullet at 1000 feet is 379.78 inches, so the only way you'd be able to hit something at that range is if you aim 1000 feet downrange at around a 2 degree angle of elevation.

Now since a rifle and a handgun are two different realms of speed and weight, arguably a rifle fired at a target 1000 feet away has a much better chance of hitting something than a handgun bullet does if aimed the same way. Even a .22 needs to be treated as lethal over a mile and a half. The 1000 foot rule is stupid anyways because you can be on private property right next door and be within the 1000 foot radius.

Last edited:

Interceptor_Knight

I realized this is all still fairly fluid so I don't expect concrete answers yet, but here are some of the aspects I'm specifically watching:

1. School Zones
2. Parks (state, city, county, Federal, other)
3. DayCare (both formal and informal, informal being those in private homes)
4. Churches
5. Hospitals (including clinics)
6. Restaurants and places which receive more than 50% of their revenue from liquor sales.
7. Public events such as fairs, carnivals, events such as the Port Washington Fish Day.
8. Vehicle carry
9. Issues where the D.N.R. Is currently in charge.
10. Other stuff as I think of it.

I ride bicycles and motorcycles, we've got at least nine direct and indirect grandkids, and my daily wanderings could easily run me afoul of all sorts of encroachments. For example, when legislation refers to school or daycare property, does that refer to the legal property boundary which might extend past a sidewalk or bikepath or alley, or does it limit that to just the non-public areas. .
No legislation refers to daycares or daycare property. Only the libtards' pipedreams include this. The same thing goes for hospitals, churches and public events. The DNR is not "in charge" of anything except for some hunting issues. They only control DNR Andministrative Code and not State Statutes.

treebound

No legislation refers to daycares or daycare property. Only the libtards' pipedreams include this. The same thing goes for hospitals, churches and public events. The DNR is not "in charge" of anything except for some hunting issues. They only control DNR Andministrative Code and not State Statutes.

I thought at least part of the restrictions of having a loaded firearm on or in a vehicle had something to do with DNR regulations.

Trip20

I thought at least part of the restrictions of having a loaded firearm on or in a vehicle had something to do with DNR regulations.

They do, but I believe (someone will correct me if I'm wrong), the bills in question repeal those portions of the statutes you reference.

treebound

Yea. I'll have more options when I pedal my bicycle down to the creek to go fishing for those times I want to take a pistol or revolver along.

Last edited: