Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: POTUS working on gun control "under the radar".

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar

POTUS working on gun control "under the radar".

http://nation.foxnews.com/guns/2011/...ol-under-radar

The moonbat messiah could just be telling lies to a lobbying group that gives him money, but I don't believe for a second this arrogant sociopath doesn't want to make some "progress" in that agenda.
    Last edited by PrayingForWar; 05-25-2011 at 05:42 PM.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Post [Fox News] Obama: We're Working on Gun Control 'Under the Radar'

[Fox News] Obama: We're Working on Gun Control 'Under the Radar'

May 25, 2011

On March 30, the 30th anniversary of the assassination attempt on President Ronald Reagan, Jim Brady, who sustained a debilitating head wound in the attack, and his wife, Sarah, came to Capitol Hill to push for a ban on the controversial "large magazines." Brady, for whom the law requiring background checks on handgun purchasers is named, then met with White House press secretary Jay Carney. During the meeting, President Obama dropped in and, according to Sarah Brady, brought up the issue of gun control, "to fill us in that it was very much on his agenda," she said.

"I just want you to know that we are working on it," Brady recalled the president telling them. "We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar."

Yup. Most transparent administration in History. Yup.

Just read this and was going to post and saw yours. Molon labe. God help us all. We won't be able to help ourselves.

Cross posted to VA thread for the helluvit.
    Last edited by riverrat10k; 05-25-2011 at 11:42 PM.

Obama says gun control to be done under the radar

From the news and political thread, thought it was important enough to get out here. Mods, delete at will.

May 25, 2011

On March 30, the 30th anniversary of the assassination attempt on President Ronald Reagan, Jim Brady, who sustained a debilitating head wound in the attack, and his wife, Sarah, came to Capitol Hill to push for a ban on the controversial "large magazines." Brady, for whom the law requiring background checks on handgun purchasers is named, then met with White House press secretary Jay Carney. During the meeting, President Obama dropped in and, according to Sarah Brady, brought up the issue of gun control, "to fill us in that it was very much on his agenda," she said.

"I just want you to know that we are working on it," Brady recalled the president telling them. "We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar." Reply With Quote Blog this Post .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Today 08:48 PM #2 swinokur
    View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries Add as Contact

Activist Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts:460Yup. Most transparent administration in History. Yup. Reply With Quote Blog this Post .
    Today 11:41 PM #3 riverrat10k
    View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries

Posts:860Just read this and was going to post and saw yours. Molon labe. God help us all. We won't be able to help ourselves.

Cross posted to VA thread for the helluvit.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Hopefully the Mods will leave it. It's relevant.
    I thought you were fishing

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat10k View Post

SNIPPED A LOT!

Mods, delete at will.

The mods are really powerful. They deleted the article off of foxnews!

Can you fix the link?

Quote Originally Posted by swinokur View Post
    Yup. Most transparent administration in History. Yup.

If "transparent" means, We The People see RIGHT through the duplicity and lies, then yes, the current administration is VERY transparent.

It's as clear as crystal what they are doing...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Well it's on the radar now.

Who was it here who was saying about this time last year that Obama had no intentions of eroding our 2A rights?

Hmm...
    Last edited by since9; 05-26-2011 at 04:15 AM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Well this story sure is a shocker, huh?

The Obama administration is by its own statements and past actions of its people known to be extremely anti gun, and nothing short of partially responsible for the Klinton ban. Between this and things such as the patriot act, and all the campaign lies, we know how much we can trust them.

For me to want to get flipped out and start contacting politicians, I need a more significant and reliable source than Fox News quoting Sarah Brady quoting Obama. Fox News is notoriously unfair and unbalanced, Sarah Brady has a long history of being a bitterly anti constitution activist who lies frequently, and for a while now she seems to have been getting kind of old, tired, and unable to rationally discuss her gun politics. And of course we all have pretty similar feelings about Obama in regards to his history and statements on gun rights.

Put these 2 people and Fox News together to produce an otherwise undocumented rumor, and what do you end up with? Little of significance, I'd say. When we see an actual new bill, or some other meaningful action, that's the time we should take action.
    Last edited by Michigander; 05-26-2011 at 06:04 PM.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Like a lightning bolt from a clear, brown, steaming pile of flaming giraffe guano...
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

My question is....When was this apparently spoken, and how does that date relate to the Project Gun[s]runner[/s]walker scandal (which he claimed to have no knowledge of/did not authorize)

Quote Originally Posted by Phssthpok View Post
    My question is....When was this apparently spoken, and how does that date relate to the Project Gun[s]runner[/s]walker scandal (which he claimed to have no knowledge of/did not authorize)
    I believe this was originally spoken on March 30 or right around there. It was when the w/e year anniversary for Reagan and I know I've seen an article regarding this with the March 30 date (don't remember if that was the date of the article, or the supposed date that it was said).

My question is...

...why is Obama speaking to a small, radical, fringe group?

Hinkley used a .22 revolver. What does that have to do with magazine capacity?

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat10k View Post
    ...why is Obama speaking to a small, radical, fringe group?
    I wouldn't say they are small. Definitely not 'radical'. Maybe a bit fringe, huh. I wonder how Brady felt about firearms prior to being shot in the head?
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    I wouldn't say they are small. Definitely not 'radical'. Maybe a bit fringe, huh. I wonder how Brady felt about firearms prior to being shot in the head?
    Who cares what he thought about it. Why should his being shot justify dismantling the Constitution to disarm the citizenry? Ronald Reagan was shot that day too. His response to making tighter gun laws? NO. In fact he later signed the Firearms Owners Protection Act. Also note that in her autobiography she spoke of being surprised that she would have to go through a background check to buy her son a hunting rifle. Hippocrit.

But all is not lost, the BATFE has reclassified shotguns with a pistol grip (not a pistolgip intragel with the buttstock as on a Browning Auto 5 for example but a pistol grip only) as a destructive device. if you have one and don't register it and pay the $200 tax, you get a go to jail card. They have also blocked import of semiautomatic shotguns that fall under their definition of "Tactical Shotgun" and the State Department under the guidance of Hillery Cliton blocked the re-importation of M-1 Garands from S. Korea.

This administration is actively doing all it can to use the rule making power of the various bureaus to hinder gun sales and importation. They are doing it this way because they know these rules are beyond the control of Congress and are the only meands available to them to further expand a gun control agenda.

And they do this while forcing FFL's along the border to sell arms to people the dealers know are straw buyers and allowing those arms to flow into Mexico to further sustain the idea that the drug cartels are buying thier weapons herre in the US. Research Project Fast and Furious or Gunwalker as David Codrea named it. Senator Grassley and Rep. Issa are on the verge of holding Congressional hearings about this failed BATFE project which goes at least to Mr Holder and without doubt to the president. I wonder how he resolves the conflict of his oath to uphold the Constitution and his actions which undermine its authority.

As to the Brady campaign not being radical, does this mean that you believe that removing all guns from the hands of the citizenry is not radical? Be careful how you answer, Paul Helmke and Dennis Hennigan have written page after page of "non radical" demands to end gun ownership, and a simple websearch will prove it...

Reagan Supported the Brady Bill

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...972660,00.html

ETA, in response to the above post.
    Last edited by sharkey; 06-01-2011 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    You must have missed the thread where I and a couple others linked to Brady etc's tax returns and I attempted to find good membership numbers without much success.

I think they ARE small; just vocal, well-funded, and well-connected. I will look for the thread.

As to radical and fringe? The above answers that, also. Remember, few HEAR about the opinions of the center. It is radical, fringe voices from ANY FACTION that make the headlines. And headlines mean fundraising.

Kinda goes with my theory that the world is not any bettter or worse than it has ever been. We now just have the ability to know what is happening in real time in Greater Phuckedupistan.
    Last edited by riverrat10k; 06-02-2011 at 10:17 PM. Reason: edit

Project Gunrunner alongside the administration's comments about US guns in Mexico are proof enough they are trying to work under the radar.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
    Reagan supported the Brady Bill.
    In hindsight was a horrible response, but at the time, politically, he could do little else.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    In hindsight was a horrible response, but at the time, politically, he could do little else.
    I think it must have been a "bitter pill" to swallow on his part.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Regular Member EricDailey X-NRA's Avatar

Good Info

Thanks. This fact needs to be better known.

RR got stuck with a lot of goofballs in his administration. One of them was his VP. Much was lost when RR was shot. Cui bono?
    Get a DVR, a Digital Voice Recorder, carry it 24/7. It's cheap, easy and makes a good witness in Court.

Triangle Open Carry Meetup
    http://www.meetup.com/r/inbound/0/0/...ry/?a=sharetxt
    This is a link for a "gunz r welcome" sign.
    http://www.gunlaws.com/images/unity.gif
    FORUM RULES (14)
    ....This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast