• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

POTUS working on gun control "under the radar".

kb4cvn

[Fox News] Obama: We're Working on Gun Control 'Under the Radar'

May 25, 2011

http://nation.foxnews.com/guns/2011/05/25/obama-were-working-gun-control-under-radar

On March 30, the 30th anniversary of the assassination attempt on President Ronald Reagan, Jim Brady, who sustained a debilitating head wound in the attack, and his wife, Sarah, came to Capitol Hill to push for a ban on the controversial "large magazines." Brady, for whom the law requiring background checks on handgun purchasers is named, then met with White House press secretary Jay Carney. During the meeting, President Obama dropped in and, according to Sarah Brady, brought up the issue of gun control, "to fill us in that it was very much on his agenda," she said.

"I just want you to know that we are working on it," Brady recalled the president telling them. "We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar."

riverrat10k

Just read this and was going to post and saw yours. Molon labe. God help us all. We won't be able to help ourselves.

Cross posted to VA thread for the helluvit.

Last edited:

riverrat10k

Obama says gun control to be done under the radar

From the news and political thread, thought it was important enough to get out here. Mods, delete at will.

May 25, 2011

http://nation.foxnews.com/guns/2011/...ol-under-radar

On March 30, the 30th anniversary of the assassination attempt on President Ronald Reagan, Jim Brady, who sustained a debilitating head wound in the attack, and his wife, Sarah, came to Capitol Hill to push for a ban on the controversial "large magazines." Brady, for whom the law requiring background checks on handgun purchasers is named, then met with White House press secretary Jay Carney. During the meeting, President Obama dropped in and, according to Sarah Brady, brought up the issue of gun control, "to fill us in that it was very much on his agenda," she said.

"I just want you to know that we are working on it," Brady recalled the president telling them. "We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar." Reply With Quote Blog this Post .
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today 08:48 PM #2 swinokur
View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries Add as Contact

Activist Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts:460Yup. Most transparent administration in History. Yup. Reply With Quote Blog this Post .
Today 11:41 PM #3 riverrat10k
View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries

Posts:860Just read this and was going to post and saw yours. Molon labe. God help us all. We won't be able to help ourselves.

Cross posted to VA thread for the helluvit.

Dreamer

Yup. Most transparent administration in History. Yup.

If "transparent" means, We The People see RIGHT through the duplicity and lies, then yes, the current administration is VERY transparent.

It's as clear as crystal what they are doing...

since9

Campaign Veteran
Well it's on the radar now.

Who was it here who was saying about this time last year that Obama had no intentions of eroding our 2A rights?

Hmm...

Last edited:

Michigander

The Obama administration is by its own statements and past actions of its people known to be extremely anti gun, and nothing short of partially responsible for the Klinton ban. Between this and things such as the patriot act, and all the campaign lies, we know how much we can trust them.

For me to want to get flipped out and start contacting politicians, I need a more significant and reliable source than Fox News quoting Sarah Brady quoting Obama. Fox News is notoriously unfair and unbalanced, Sarah Brady has a long history of being a bitterly anti constitution activist who lies frequently, and for a while now she seems to have been getting kind of old, tired, and unable to rationally discuss her gun politics. And of course we all have pretty similar feelings about Obama in regards to his history and statements on gun rights.

Put these 2 people and Fox News together to produce an otherwise undocumented rumor, and what do you end up with? Little of significance, I'd say. When we see an actual new bill, or some other meaningful action, that's the time we should take action.

Last edited:

Phssthpok

My question is....When was this apparently spoken, and how does that date relate to the Project Gunrunnerwalker scandal (which he claimed to have no knowledge of/did not authorize):rolleyes:

Aknazer

My question is....When was this apparently spoken, and how does that date relate to the Project Gunrunnerwalker scandal (which he claimed to have no knowledge of/did not authorize):rolleyes:

I believe this was originally spoken on March 30 or right around there. It was when the w/e year anniversary for Reagan and I know I've seen an article regarding this with the March 30 date (don't remember if that was the date of the article, or the supposed date that it was said).

JohnH

Hinkley used a .22 revolver. What does that have to do with magazine capacity?

JohnH

I wouldn't say they are small. Definitely not 'radical'. Maybe a bit fringe, huh. I wonder how Brady felt about firearms prior to being shot in the head?

Who cares what he thought about it. Why should his being shot justify dismantling the Constitution to disarm the citizenry? Ronald Reagan was shot that day too. His response to making tighter gun laws? NO. In fact he later signed the Firearms Owners Protection Act. Also note that in her autobiography she spoke of being surprised that she would have to go through a background check to buy her son a hunting rifle. Hippocrit.

But all is not lost, the BATFE has reclassified shotguns with a pistol grip (not a pistolgip intragel with the buttstock as on a Browning Auto 5 for example but a pistol grip only) as a destructive device. if you have one and don't register it and pay the $200 tax, you get a go to jail card. They have also blocked import of semiautomatic shotguns that fall under their definition of "Tactical Shotgun" and the State Department under the guidance of Hillery Cliton blocked the re-importation of M-1 Garands from S. Korea.

This administration is actively doing all it can to use the rule making power of the various bureaus to hinder gun sales and importation. They are doing it this way because they know these rules are beyond the control of Congress and are the only meands available to them to further expand a gun control agenda.

And they do this while forcing FFL's along the border to sell arms to people the dealers know are straw buyers and allowing those arms to flow into Mexico to further sustain the idea that the drug cartels are buying thier weapons herre in the US. Research Project Fast and Furious or Gunwalker as David Codrea named it. Senator Grassley and Rep. Issa are on the verge of holding Congressional hearings about this failed BATFE project which goes at least to Mr Holder and without doubt to the president. I wonder how he resolves the conflict of his oath to uphold the Constitution and his actions which undermine its authority.

As to the Brady campaign not being radical, does this mean that you believe that removing all guns from the hands of the citizenry is not radical? Be careful how you answer, Paul Helmke and Dennis Hennigan have written page after page of "non radical" demands to end gun ownership, and a simple websearch will prove it...