• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

San Diego OC?

duck4u1987

So now i hear san diego oc is not allowed and we can be arrested and charged! I have a buddie who was looking into this just like i am. He was just arrested OC because he walked into a 711 with firearm. he was under the impression that he could carry anywhere but in a school zone or in a goverment building. so now i have a few questions if anyone can answer them!

Can you legaly OC in a vehical?
Can you OC in Walmart?
can you OC in a restrant?
can you OC with a unloaded mag in your firearm?
Can you OC walking down the street?
What happends when you OC?

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
So now i hear san diego oc is not allowed and we can be arrested and charged! I have a buddie who was looking into this just like i am. He was just arrested OC because he walked into a 711 with firearm. he was under the impression that he could carry anywhere but in a school zone or in a goverment building. so now i have a few questions if anyone can answer them!

Can you OC in Walmart?

Answers;

Depends.
Yes, provided they dont ask you to leave their private property.
Yes, provided they dont ask you to leave their private property.
Yes.
Depends.
Depends.

With each answer listed as 'depends', there are other factors involved in the lawfulness that need to be considered that are outside the scope of your question. I doubt your friend was arrested for simply open carrying a firearm. UOC is not illegal- he was probably hooked up for 12031, 12025, 626.9, or 148(a). In which case, he should have contacted counsel immediately and been prepared to invest $ in his defense.

Firemark

Can you OC in Walmart?

It seems like you are spreading FUD... (fear, uncertainty, doubt). So if you can address some of your statements more clearly please.

"So now i hear san diego oc is not allowed and we can be arrested and charged! I have a buddie who was looking into this just like i am. He was just arrested OC because he walked into a 711 with firearm"

Where and from whom did you hear OC is not allowed in SD?
Who is your buddie and what 7/11 did he get "arrested" at?

As this is your 2nd post I can understand not knowing all the particulars and details that have occured in the past few years. Please, Please, Please take the time to read the FAQ pages and watch the many youtube videos on Open Carry. Goto responsiblecitizensofcalifornia.com and read all of the forum entries to bring you upto speed with current events and where we are now.

Joshua Costa

Activist Member
What was he charged with?

Which 711 was it? If it's not in a school zone it sounds like a great place to do a meet up. Spread some truth and dispel some myths.

Gundude

Holding up a 711 with a loaded or unloaded gun is still against the law.
From all the information you gave, this is all I can assume.

Last edited:

duck4u1987

Thank you so much for your replys. i know i was not to clear!! the 711 was aprox 800 feet from a school. the firearm also had a EMPTY magazine. he had not told me that untill i asked him. sorry for that! I would like to go to one of these meets just to see how it all works thank you so much for your input! and answers!

hgreen

Thank you so much for your replys. i know i was not to clear!! the 711 was aprox 800 feet from a school. the firearm also had a EMPTY magazine. he had not told me that untill i asked him. sorry for that! I would like to go to one of these meets just to see how it all works thank you so much for your input! and answers!

Idiots doing this kind of thing are REALLY REALLY REALLY (CAN NOT SAY IT ENOUGH TIMES) BAD for our cause.

DO NOT OPEN CARRY unless you are 1000% sure on all the laws. Start with group OC with veterans to learn from them!

Gundude

New to UOC?

If you are new to UOC, here is you homework assignment.
Begin by reading every thread in this forum from the oldest to the newest.
Then, open the FAQ thread and read it all.
Then, read it again.
Plan your first UOC experience with a group of veteran UOC'ers.

Rule #1: research.
Rule #2: see rule #1