• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Aldi Grocery store not gun friendly...

gunguy2009

Just went to the Aldi grocery store here in Janesville to buy some fruit (had a sale) and seen their anti-gun sign posted on the second set of doors. I turned around and am now sitting in the Woodmans parking lot which is literally across the street. I will never again set foot into that store. Woodmans is more than happy to accept me, my money, and my firearm into theirs. I'm debating whether or not to email Email Aldi corporate... I may be paying more for my watermelon, to be honest I would pay double the price here than give my money to that communist store!!!

paul@paul-fisher.com

Just went to the Aldi grocery store here in Janesville to buy some fruit (had a sale) and seen their anti-gun sign posted on the second set of doors. I turned around and am now sitting in the Woodmans parking lot which is literally across the street. I will never again set foot into that store. Woodmans is more than happy to accept me, my money, and my firearm into theirs. I'm debating whether or not to email Email Aldi corporate... I may be paying more for my watermelon, to be honest I would pay double the price here than give my money to that communist store!!!

I email them and they were supposed to get back to me. They haven't as of yet.

I need to harass them again.

Feel free to email them.

Vandil

ALDI Einkauf GmbH & Co. oHG are German incorporated companies that fall under the goofy German green party laws.:rolleyes:

WCrawford

Is this the same for other Aldi stores in Wisconsin? It could be a rogue manager or district manager (like we have not seen those before).

I have an Aldi store about 5 blocks from me that I OC in often, no signs at all. Here in Tennessee no gun signs have the weight of law behind them (misdemeanor, $500 fine and loss of carry permit).

MKEgal

it's a rogue store

I've been in the Aldi's in Germantown (County Line Rd.) many times, OCing, with no problem & they have no signs.
I've been in the Aldi's at Burleigh & 124th in Milwaukee OCing with no problem & they have no signs.

Email Aldi about your experience, tell them that you're happy to take your money across the street to Woodman's since that company welcomes law-abiding citizens and doesn't want us to be easy prey for criminals in the store or parking lot.
Maybe include an idea of how much money you spend there.
Don't get all emotional & name-calling, just present facts.

range rat

I've been in the Aldi's in Germantown (County Line Rd.) many times, OCing, with no problem & they have no signs.
I've been in the Aldi's at Burleigh & 124th in Milwaukee OCing with no problem & they have no signs.

Email Aldi about your experience, tell them that you're happy to take your money across the street to Woodman's since that company welcomes law-abiding citizens and doesn't want us to be easy prey for criminals in the store or parking lot.
Maybe include an idea of how much money you spend there.
Don't get all emotional & name-calling, just present facts.

My Aldi's in Cudahy is ok with ocing..

gunguy2009

Hmmm, I guess its just this store... Even if they are the last grocery store in the state line area, I guess I better fill the tank cuz I'm takin a road trip... lol. I will never be back there!!