Thread: OC Challenge coins

OC Challenge coins

Having purchased and received one of Ed's Virginia Open Carry Challenge coins (Thanks Ed! ) and winning a Michigan Open Carry Challenge coin at the dinner in Kalamazoo, I was wondering if any other states OC groups have coins.

I have a few from my days in the Army, and one from the Marine Corps when I helped sponsor a local units Marine Corps Ball a few years ago.

Seems like an interesting item to collect, OC coins, so if your state or group have them available, post it up here and who to contact to order them.

Challenge coin? As in, you pull out a coin and bang it on the table and everyone else pulls out their coin; followed by if everyone has a coin you buy everyone drinks, but if someone doesn't have a coin then they buy a round of drinks?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    Challenge coin? As in, you pull out a coin and bang it on the table and everyone else pulls out their coin; followed by if everyone has a coin you buy everyone drinks, but if someone doesn't have a coin then they buy a round of drinks?
    Started that way with service personnel, but here on OCDO they are symbols of support and collectibles.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Started that way with service personnel, but here on OCDO they are symbols of support and collectibles.
    Ahh. My only experience with them has been from the AF if you couldn't tell. I always keep one in the wallet cuz I don't want to be the one to pick up the tab!

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Started that way with service personnel
    even before that there was this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Challenge_coin
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Banned

OC Challenge coins

Alabama was doing wooden nickels before a large number of founding members took a hike. I don't know if the remaining "members" are still doing anything like that.

When I get to Ohio (tomorrow), I may try to get them doing the wooden nickel thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>