• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Challenge coins

xd shooter

Having purchased and received one of Ed's Virginia Open Carry Challenge coins (Thanks Ed! :) ) and winning a Michigan Open Carry Challenge coin at the dinner in Kalamazoo, I was wondering if any other states OC groups have coins.

I have a few from my days in the Army, and one from the Marine Corps when I helped sponsor a local units Marine Corps Ball a few years ago.

Seems like an interesting item to collect, OC coins, so if your state or group have them available, post it up here and who to contact to order them.

Aknazer

Challenge coin? As in, you pull out a coin and bang it on the table and everyone else pulls out their coin; followed by if everyone has a coin you buy everyone drinks, but if someone doesn't have a coin then they buy a round of drinks?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Challenge coin? As in, you pull out a coin and bang it on the table and everyone else pulls out their coin; followed by if everyone has a coin you buy everyone drinks, but if someone doesn't have a coin then they buy a round of drinks?

Started that way with service personnel, but here on OCDO they are symbols of support and collectibles.

Aknazer

Started that way with service personnel, but here on OCDO they are symbols of support and collectibles.

Ahh. My only experience with them has been from the AF if you couldn't tell. I always keep one in the wallet cuz I don't want to be the one to pick up the tab!

eye95

Alabama was doing wooden nickels before a large number of founding members took a hike. I don't know if the remaining "members" are still doing anything like that.

When I get to Ohio (tomorrow), I may try to get them doing the wooden nickel thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>