• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Bill of Rights pre-ratification

Beretta92FSLady

Does anyone have a link to the text of the Bill of Rights pre-ratification? Apparently my google isn't working well today.

I am looking to compare the pre, and post ratification Bill of Rights. The latter is obviously easier to find.

Link me up, please. Thank you.

Daylen

what do you mean pre-ratification? pre ratification of the constitution? The bill of rights did not exist before the constitution for there was no need. The confederation had no power just about and was only really good for fighting a war against a foreign power like england. Or are you looking for proposed amendments that never made it?

Here is a link for failed amendments.

http://www.usconstitution.net/constamfail.html

Beretta92FSLady

Sorry, I should have been more specific. The reason I am asking is that the Constitution was ratified between 1787-1789. And the Bill of Rights was ratified in 1791. Well, it seems there are some issues here, since the Bill of Rights makes up the first ten Amendments to the Constitution. I am attempting to create an accurate timeline, or find an accurate timeline.

Last edited:

VW_Factor

Go straight to the image for the giant readable version

91194-050-8617AA50.jpg

Last edited:

VW_Factor

And just because I think its neat.. (Again, go straight to the image for the large version)

Us_declaration_independence.jpg

Last edited: