• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in Fairfax County

RaiderRey

This thread is to share my experiences of Open Carry throughout various establishments in the Fairfax County area. :lol::p:banana:

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

RaiderRey

I did see that earlier and posted in that thread. NoVa is a pretty big region.

I thought I would create one more focused to a County.

CHILINVLN

Welcome to the site - I'm a resident of Centreville as well, (closer to Fair Lakes/Fairfax actually)

Last edited:

Blk97F150

That's a Rhetorical question right?

You figured that out.... but missed the NOVA thread? :lol:

(just kidding with you... doesn't matter to me what thread you use, but the established NOVA thread is definitely more active. Welcome to the forum.)

RaiderRey

You figured that out.... but missed the NOVA thread?

(just kidding with you... doesn't matter to me what thread you use, but the established NOVA thread is definitely more active. Welcome to the forum.)

I didn't missed the NoVa thread since I posted in there BEFORE I created this thread. :dude:

Indeed the NoVa thread is more active, but there are at least 165 pages to read through. Now if you are fortunate enough to have lots of free time, then good for you. (I'm jealous :D ) I unfortunately do not.
(Maybe I will when I win the lottery :banana: Woot ! Woot !)

The Nova thread has lots of stories and great information to share about laws and what can or cannot do. Lots of information indeed, but I wanted something more focused on Open Carry "experiences" in the area I live in. Some may feel that the NoVa thread is that. However, as you can see by the link below. NoVa, which stands for Northern Virginia, is still fairly big.

http://www.nationalrealty.biz/map/north-virginia.htm

Now it's great if someone from "NoVa, Loudon County, Purceville" shared a story, but the chances of me being in that area is slim to none. I originally was going to start a thread focused on Centreville, but then decided to include all the areas that I frequently hit. Places within Fairfax County.

Fairfax County includes the following cities.

Alexandria
Annandale
Bailey's Crossroads
Centreville
Chantilly
Clifton
Dranesville
Dunn Loring
Fairfax City
Falls Church
Franconia
Great Falls
Huntington
Indian springs
Jefferson
Lorton
McLean
Merrifield
Mount Vernon
Newington
Springfield
Oakton
Pender
Reston
Seven Corners
Shady Oak
Tysons Corner
Vienna

I'm sure I may have missed a few cities or possibly added a wrong one, but everyone should get the idea.

I never intended to disrepect or anger the Moderator Gods of this forum, but at the same time I felt this thread specific to Fairfax County would be more useful to the people that live in the same county as me. Only posting "experiences" of Open Carry. If I had a question about anything else, I would post in the NoVa thread. If someone posted a question about something else not related to an open carry "experience", then I redirect them to the NoVa thread.

Then again, this is your forum, so if you Moderators want me to delete it. I will with no hard feelings and will post elswhere. I'm just a normal CCW Virginian like everyone else. :)

:monkey

RaiderRey

Virginia does not issue CCW's. So you are not like everyone else.

My apologies. I didn't know that it was that strict in here on how you state your words.

I will retract my earlier comment and submit the following.

I'm just a normal citizen that has a legally issued "Virginia Resident Concealed Handgun Permit" by the Fairfax County Courthouse like everyone else that also owns such a permit.

http://www.vsp.state.va.us/download...for_Concealed_Handgun_Permit_Rev_7-1-2010.pdf

Marco

My apologies.
The 165+pgs of the NoVA thread is required reading! :)

Everyone is just busting your chops!!!

Use this thread or that thread I don't think anyone will really care, just the NoVA pg will get more views and hopefully connect you with others in your area.

As a former NoVA resident (Herndon, Centreville and Bristow) I found the NoVA and Prince Willan Co threads helpful.
Please look for OC get togethers in your area and join in, OC, CC and/or no carry is fine just besure to introduce yourself and bring lots of money as the new guys buys the first round of soda water.

For awhile there were 5-10 active OC'ers from the Centreville area that posted in the NoVA thread, they might still read but they don't seem to post anymore.

Last edited:

RaiderRey

Everyone is just busting your chops!!!
The 165+pgs of the NoVA thread is required reading! :)
Use this thread or that thread I don't think anyone will really cares, just the NoVA pg will get more views and hopefully connect you with others in your area.

As a former NoVA resident (Herndon, Centreville and Bristow) I found the NoVA and Prince Willan Co threads helpful.
Please look for OC get togethers in your area and join in, OC, CC and/or no carry is fine just besure to introduce yourself and bring lots of money as the new guys buys the first round of soda water.

Thanks for the info! I will look into OC get togethers for my area. :monkey

Blk97F150

lol

Just to clairify... I am not a Mod here, and I don't know if anyone who has replied to you is either (maybe they are... I have no idea).

Post here, post there, post anywhere... :)

Welcome, and enjoy the forum. :banana:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Hey, what's with new CCer on our OC board?

And, starting his own thread!?!? What's up with that!?!

:D

Welcome aboard!

(Secretly, I'm a little envious. I've long wanted to start my own OC thread--so you all could focus your attention on my innate wonderfulness, rather than dig through the other thread in order to admire me. :p:))

Last edited:

RaiderRey

Tonight I went to Target, Fair Lakes Shopping Ctr Fairfax, VA 22033.

No problems at all. No comments or gawking. I believe one of the shift managers offered me to hang out in their food court to avoid the thunderstorm.​

Afterwards, I went to Home Depot, Price Club Plaza Fairfax, VA 22030.

I had one group of men staring as I walked back and forth looking for an air filter. While picking up a can of WD-40, 2 guys walked past and blurted out, " WOAH ! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!? A gun at Home Depot?? " Other than that, no issues with the staff of Home Depot.​