Thread: Watch out for the Wrath of the NRA!

Watch out for the Wrath of the NRA!

A nicely slanted view from the Anti's.

http://thesouthend.wayne.edu/index.p...at_gun_control
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Ehhhh, the south end of a north bound horse.

Not one comment from the "journalist". Hmmmmmmmm...
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Campaign Veteran
    I am amazed the same article, written by one individual, can state that they are afraid of going out, afraid of their brother going out with friends, and imply the Second Amendment is irrelevant in today's world. The 2nd is what give hims and his brother the right to be prepared to defends ones self so they do not need to be afraid.

I am not afraid to venture out into society, I am not afraid for my family when they leave the house, but I am also not blind to what is going on in the world and how we have tied the hands of the police. We must protect ourselves by our self, and the 2nd Amendment spells out that God given right. The only sad part is that the 2nd should be irrelevant, I shouldn't need it spelled out, as it should be common sense.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    This reads as if written by a HS student oh wait it almost was. The article is poorly written and reads like a 1st year english paper.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    This reads as if written by a HS student oh wait it almost was. The article is poorly written and reads like a 1st year english paper.
    Yeah, I noticed that as well.

I would give the author credit at least, for not being as cold hearted, methodical and psychotic as most anti gun journalists who make a career of it. Rather than getting a cold dose of insane and bigoted ineptitude as you'd expect from the long time anti gun journalists, this person at least seems to have good intentions and a desire to do what's right, even though she has no idea what she's talking about.

Perhaps we should invite her to an open carry picnic...
    Last edited by Michigander; 05-29-2011 at 01:44 PM.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Has anyone else tried to post a comment? I tried. I didn't even say something like, comment awaiting approval, I just clicked submit, like I would on here, and nothing showed up. Still hasn't. Censorship anyone? I think they maybe turned off comments, after 19-0 in shut out...
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

It looks like she's a fourth-year at wayne, which explains the lack of "methodical" cold-heartedness, among other things .

My guess is that she got stuck with the topic. I've noticed that there seems to be a pattern where the younger, less seasoned journalists get the "NRA is evil" stories...maybe because the editors figure they are formulaic and easier to write? either way, i wouldn't be surprised if she attended an OC picnic...
    Last edited by CarlottaValdez; 05-30-2011 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlottaValdez View Post
    It looks like she's a fourth-year at wayne, which explains the lack of "methodical" cold-heartedness, among other things .

My guess is that she got stuck with the topic. I've noticed that there seems to be a pattern where the younger, less seasoned journalists get the "NRA is evil" stories...maybe because the editors figure they are formulaic and easier to write? either way, i wouldn't be surprised if she attended an OC picnic...
    Nice!
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Quote: "They believe that it is okay to bear arms because it is in the Constitution, but in today’s society, is the Second Amendment of the Constitution still relevant?": endquote

Irrespective of the poor grammar in this article, this one line sent chills down my spine. Now we are to decide what is relevant or not in the Constitution and its Amendments? Maybe we need to reevaluate the Declaration of Independence as well. After all, society has changed over the last 200+ years. Maybe we should go back to being subservient to the Royal Crown. It is thinking like this that make me fear for the future of this great nation.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlottaValdez View Post
    i wouldn't be surprised if she attended an OC picnic...
    How's the research going? Interested in reading it.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Quote: "They believe that it is okay to bear arms because it is in the Constitution, but in today’s society, is the Second Amendment of the Constitution still relevant?": endquote

Irrespective of the poor grammar in this article, this one line sent chills down my spine. Now we are to decide what is relevant or not in the Constitution and its Amendments? Maybe we need to reevaluate the Declaration of Independence as well. After all, society has changed over the last 200+ years. Maybe we should go back to being subservient to the Royal Crown. It is thinking like this that make me fear for the future of this great nation.
    The idea isn't to go back to being subservient to the Royal Crown.... the idea is those who think the Constitution is irrelevant want to make everyone subservient to them!
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.