• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Watch out for the Wrath of the NRA!

northofnowhere

Campaign Veteran
I am amazed the same article, written by one individual, can state that they are afraid of going out, afraid of their brother going out with friends, and imply the Second Amendment is irrelevant in today's world. The 2nd is what give hims and his brother the right to be prepared to defends ones self so they do not need to be afraid.

I am not afraid to venture out into society, I am not afraid for my family when they leave the house, but I am also not blind to what is going on in the world and how we have tied the hands of the police. We must protect ourselves by our self, and the 2nd Amendment spells out that God given right. The only sad part is that the 2nd should be irrelevant, I shouldn't need it spelled out, as it should be common sense.

Michigander

This reads as if written by a HS student oh wait it almost was. The article is poorly written and reads like a 1st year english paper.

Yeah, I noticed that as well.

I would give the author credit at least, for not being as cold hearted, methodical and psychotic as most anti gun journalists who make a career of it. Rather than getting a cold dose of insane and bigoted ineptitude as you'd expect from the long time anti gun journalists, this person at least seems to have good intentions and a desire to do what's right, even though she has no idea what she's talking about.

Perhaps we should invite her to an open carry picnic...

Last edited:

eastmeyers

Has anyone else tried to post a comment? I tried. I didn't even say something like, comment awaiting approval, I just clicked submit, like I would on here, and nothing showed up. Still hasn't. Censorship anyone? I think they maybe turned off comments, after 19-0 in shut out...

CarlottaValdez

It looks like she's a fourth-year at wayne, which explains the lack of "methodical" cold-heartedness, among other things :).

My guess is that she got stuck with the topic. I've noticed that there seems to be a pattern where the younger, less seasoned journalists get the "NRA is evil" stories...maybe because the editors figure they are formulaic and easier to write? either way, i wouldn't be surprised if she attended an OC picnic...

Last edited:

NHCGRPR45

It looks like she's a fourth-year at wayne, which explains the lack of "methodical" cold-heartedness, among other things :).

My guess is that she got stuck with the topic. I've noticed that there seems to be a pattern where the younger, less seasoned journalists get the "NRA is evil" stories...maybe because the editors figure they are formulaic and easier to write? either way, i wouldn't be surprised if she attended an OC picnic...

Nice!:monkey

Orion

Quote: "They believe that it is okay to bear arms because it is in the Constitution, but in today’s society, is the Second Amendment of the Constitution still relevant?": endquote

Irrespective of the poor grammar in this article, this one line sent chills down my spine. Now we are to decide what is relevant or not in the Constitution and its Amendments? Maybe we need to reevaluate the Declaration of Independence as well. After all, society has changed over the last 200+ years. Maybe we should go back to being subservient to the Royal Crown. It is thinking like this that make me fear for the future of this great nation.

B

Bikenut

Quote: "They believe that it is okay to bear arms because it is in the Constitution, but in today’s society, is the Second Amendment of the Constitution still relevant?": endquote

Irrespective of the poor grammar in this article, this one line sent chills down my spine. Now we are to decide what is relevant or not in the Constitution and its Amendments? Maybe we need to reevaluate the Declaration of Independence as well. After all, society has changed over the last 200+ years. Maybe we should go back to being subservient to the Royal Crown. It is thinking like this that make me fear for the future of this great nation.
The idea isn't to go back to being subservient to the Royal Crown.... the idea is those who think the Constitution is irrelevant want to make everyone subservient to them!