• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC friendly at Kowalskis

Doc Savage

this evening I was shopping at Kowalskis on Grand Avenue in St paul, I was approached by a "gentleman" and asked if I was a LEO, I replied I was not but had a permit to carry....he then informed me i was a "F***ing idiot", and went to speak to the Store manager.
I have been shopping at this particular store for nearly a decade, and OC as a matter of habit...while in the checkout I overheard this fellow in a rather heated discussion with the Store Mgr. who has informed him that I have been coming to the store for years and was not only a permit holder, but retired military as well.

Feleing pretty good about the entire situation, I fired off an e-mail to the store manager thanking him and his staff for their professionalism, and common sense in dealing with the matter:D

GvdM

this evening I was shopping at Kowalskis on Grand Avenue in St paul, I was approached by a "gentleman" and asked if I was a LEO, I replied I was not but had a permit to carry....he then informed me i was a "F***ing idiot", and went to speak to the Store manager.
I have been shopping at this particular store for nearly a decade, and OC as a matter of habit...while in the checkout I overheard this fellow in a rather heated discussion with the Store Mgr. who has informed him that I have been coming to the store for years and was not only a permit holder, but retired military as well.

Feleing pretty good about the entire situation, I fired off an e-mail to the store manager thanking him and his staff for their professionalism, and common sense in dealing with the matter:D

As it should be......

B. Reddy

Way to take that high road, Doc!

Doc - congrats on handling that situation with a good bit of maturity. Given that part of St. Paul, I'm a little surprised you got this far without any more anti-gun hassles.

I always found Kowalkski's to be a great place to shop when I lived there, too bad they haven't opened any stores out East!

B. Reddy