Thread: PA statute (regarding OC in Philadelphia) wanted.

PA statute (regarding OC in Philadelphia) wanted.

Hello Pennsylvania,

I don't normally post in your state forum and so am not up-to-date on PA laws. However, I'm writing a lengthly letter to a congressman about problems that American citizens face in carrying in across various jurisdictions. I will be referencing the Philadelphia requirement that open carry is only allowed with a valid CPL (unlike the rest of the state where OC is unrestricted) as one example.

I'd like to be able to identify the PA Statute that covers this oddity. If someone has the legal cite handy I'd appreciate it. I'd like to include that in the footnotes, thanks!

6108. Carrying firearms on public streets or public property in Philadelphia.
    No person shall carry a firearm, rifle or shotgun at any time upon the public streets or upon any public property in a city of the first class unless:
    (1) such person is licensed to carry a firearm; or
    (2) such person is exempt from licensing under section 6106 of this title (relating to firearms not to be carried without a license).
    Act 1972-334 (S.B. 455) P.L. 1482, 1, approved Dec. 6, 1972, eff. in 6 months.

Thanks Steve, that is exactly what I was looking for.