• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Celebrate Fairfax - June 10 - 12, 2011

supranite90

Who all is going to Celebrate Fairfax?

www.celebratefairfax.com

While I was reading the faq on what was not allowed, it did not mention any firearms so I am guessing OC during CF? Anyone have any experience with open carrying there?

CHILINVLN

My guess would be no, considering this:

Bags, backpacks and other hand-carried items are subject to inspection.

I don't think they plan to inspect bags just to see if you have a camera/video camera that is not allowed. I would assume weapons are also not permitted.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP I would assume weapons are also not permitted.

I would not assume that.

The wonders of 15.2-915, the pre-emption statute, whereby the legislature dramatically curtailed the ability of localities to regulate firearms.

I'm pretty sure this has come up before.

If this is the celebration I'm thinking about, OCers or VCDLers nailed them for no-guns rules in the past. Several OCers attend each year.

Tess, IanB, and MrY are experts on this celebration, especially Tess. You might PM one of them.

Last edited:

hunter45

This sucks, Fairfax doesn't have a good country act performing. You would think a county as big as us would be able to get someone good. I doubt I'll go to the Fairfax Fair, but I'll probably check out some others around here. Neal McCoy is going to be in Warren County, Luke Bryan & Colt Ford at Shenandoah County, Jamey Johnson in Clarke County, and Chris Young in Rockingham County.

supranite90

Well Third Eye Blind is playing I believe...I think I may end up OCing to the fair...hopefully it goes well without any hassle

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
I would imagine there shouldn't be any problems with OC'ing during the festivities. I was caught up, unbeknownst, in a Manassas Fall Celebration about a year and a half ago when meeting up with some folks in Old Town for an OC lunch at Foster's. Old Town was loaded with people walking about and, of course, a number of requisite LEO's were milling about as one might expect. I had no clue was was going on and walked up to a Manassas LEO to ask what it was all about. He said nothing about my sidearm, didn't even give it any attention. All was as I would have expected. A none issue.

Chalk another one up for Virginia.

VApatriot

On a semi-related point, on Monday I saw a group of men putting up a sandwich-board sign on rt.123 advertising Celebrate Fairfax, and the man who seemed to be supervising the work was OCing! . . . Of course he was wearing black cargo pants and a gray polo that said "SHERIFF" on the back, and the two "workers" were wearing matching green jumpsuits, but still. . .

Marco

I would assume weapons are also not permitted.
One should never ASSUME.

Anyone have any experience with open carrying there?

Have gone every year since moving to VA, OC'd each time with no trouble and my handgun was/is hard to miss.
Last yr I did see a few others that post on this forum but they choose CC that day, I ended up giving away the three Gun Saves Lives buttons I was wearing.
YMMV.

Last edited:

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Anyone have any experience with open carrying there?
I do each year.
DSC01622.JPG

DSC01618.JPG

Last edited: