• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Time is Running Out for Firearm Legislation in Maine

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Legislative Document 35, introduced by state Representative Richard Cebra (R-Naples), would prohibit an employer from banning an employee with a valid concealed firearms permit from keeping a firearm in the employee's vehicle as long as the vehicle is locked and the firearm is not visible. This legislation would protect your right to keep a firearm in your car for self-defense, hunting, or target shooting before or after work.

Legislative Document 1347, also introduced by Representative Cebra, would eliminate the prohibition on concealed carry permit holders carrying a concealed firearm in state parks and historic sites, premises licensed for the consumption of alcohol, state property under the jurisdiction of the Department of Public Safety and the Legislative Council.

Please call and e-mail your state Senator and Representative TODAY urging them to SUPPORT LD 35 and LD 1347. Contact information for your state Senator and Representative can be found here.

Maine CWP Training

Ld 1347 passes maine house

Legislative Document 1347, introduced by Representative Cebra, eliminate the prohibition on concealed carry permit holders carrying a concealed eliminates firearm in state parks and historic sites and state property under the jurisdiction of the Department of Public Safety and the Legislative Council.

Maine CWP Training

Legislative Document 35 would prohibit an employer from banning an employee with a valid concealed firearms permit from keeping a firearm in the employee's vehicle as long as the vehicle is locked and the firearm is not visible. This legislation would protect your right to keep a firearm in your car for self-defense, hunting, or target shooting before or after work. Businesses have no legitimate interest in micromanaging the lawful contents of one’s private vehicle. Sent to Maine Senate for concurrence.

Maine CWP Training

Today, the state House failed to pass Legislative Document 35 by a 68 to 79 vote (roll call vote). LD 35 is currently tabled but may be reconsidered as early as tonight.

Maine CWP Training

House Indefinitely Postpones LD 578, the attack on Maine 2nd amendment Preemption, (the bedrock of all of Maine's firearm laws) in the House.

Last edited:

Maine CWP Training

Richard M Cebra
OK, so here's the box score on the Second Amendment in the 125th Legislature...we passed and are being signed by the Governor, LD 35 CCW in cars, LD 446 CCW reciprocity for all out of state LEO's now in State Statute and LD 1347 CCW in State parks and state property not courthouses and schools. All 3 are my bills. LD 578 the anti preemption bill I moved the indefinite postponement and it's DEAD!

hermannr

Question: Why would carry in Acadia NP be a problem? Is their a specific Maine law against it?

Federal law says carry is allowed in any NP in accord with the local and state law that the particular NP is in???

Ok, I am a dumb west coast boy, you have to help me here...Never a carry problem with any NP out this way. )except maybe Calif)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Question: Why would carry in Acadia NP be a problem? Is their a specific Maine law against it?

Federal law says carry is allowed in any NP in accord with the local and state law that the particular NP is in???

Ok, I am a dumb west coast boy, you have to help me here...Never a carry problem with any NP out this way. )except maybe Calif)

Antis knee jerk reaction to NPS rule - OC is banned in Acadia, but Acadia only.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...r-gun-carriers&highlight=Acadia+National+Park