Thread: GUNRUNNER Update - Grassley playing hardball

GUNRUNNER Update - Grassley playing hardball

Republican Sen. Charles Grassley is following through on threats to play hardball over what he considers Justice Department stonewalling on his requests for information and documents relating to Project Gunrunner.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...l-on-gunrunner

BREAKING: Gunrunner hearings in June possible, not confirmed

Mid-June could potentially bring the first of what may be several hearings on Capitol Hill over Project Gunrunner, but that is not confirmed nor is it presently on the Congressional calendar, a House source said today.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...-not-confirmed

Burn holder at the stake for this unholy mess and political white washing.
    Last edited by zack991; 05-27-2011 at 06:41 PM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

What I don't understand is why is it the Republicans who are getting all huffy about this?

Republican administrations and Legislators have a long and glorious history of government-sponsored gun-running to foreign governments, rebel groups, and drug cartels in violation of US law. Hey,. it worked in Nicaragua in the 1980's, Afghanistan in the 1970's, and Germany in the 1930s... You'd think that the Republicans would be all on-board with this one...

Democrats, OTOH are totally dropping the ball with their 2A-hating sheeple constituency. This situation has all the hallmarks of a Democratic cause: opportunity to institute more gun control laws, the chance to throw members of their own party under the bus to make themselves look good and further their own careers, and the potential to pass responsibility for the entire episode off on a foreign government...

I just don't understand our Political Parties anymore...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964