• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I could not resist

Jack House

It's a real shame. I'd love to see the Fed attempt to screw over the whole nation by canning flights to and from Texas. They wouldn't get very far.

HKcarrier

Seriously... I wish our politicians had the stones to force them to follow through on something like this.

Phssthpok

Sadly, I suspect they'd imminent domain/nationalize the airport and continue business as usual.:(

OldCurlyWolf

They should have passed the bill, told the feds "pull the TSA" and told them "We will handle it, keep your a**** out of Texas."

:cool:

rodbender

Last edited:

MR Redenck

They should have passed the bill, told the feds "pull the TSA" and told them "We will handle it, keep your a**** out of Texas."

:cool:

Not how I would have done it.
I would have passed the bill and as soon as it went into law, arrest every TSA employee in the state of Texas and charge them with Sexual Assault!
Let em shut down flights in and out of Texas.
Maybe shutting the flights down will give the sorry pieces of s*** the experience they need to CLOSE THAT MEXICAN BORDER!!!

As a matter of a fact, if Austin wasn't such a bunch of #%#%# , they would have been arresting those POS TSA employee's all along!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I'm not a fan of Alex, but he's got a point. The federal threat to deny air traffic in and out of Texas was a threat of blockade. A blockade is an act of war.

The federals enforcing such would be committing, literally, treason:

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them,..."
US Constitution, Article III, Section 3.

Jack House

A blockade that would have had a serious negative impact on the rest of the nation. I'd like to see them try it.

since9

Campaign Veteran
A sad day indeed when not even Texans have any balls.

No kidding.

From the article: "An astounding Department of Justice threat to cancel airline flights to and from Texas, in addition to underhanded lobbying by TSA representatives, has killed efforts in the state to pass HB 1937, a bill that would have made invasive pat downs by TSA agents a felony."

I have to move this summer, anyway. If they'd stood firm against the TSA or the feds on their unConstitutionally-intrusive meddling in interstate commerce, I'd have moved back to Texas, even if they haven't yet passed an OC law.

I'm not advocating this, but one alternative facing Texas involves secession, along with application for full recognition as an independent state i.e. country in today's parlance.

I'd much rather see diplomacy between the TX governor/legislature and the collective of similar states, known as the United States of America. Unfortunately, the latter appears to have failed history and feels like they now possess absolute rule much like a king over various serfdoms, having forgot that the initial contract was mutual, as well as Constitutionally reversible.

Last time I checked, no amendment prohibiting secession has ever been passed.

So, this begs the questions: WHAT, or WHO has got Texas by the balls?

And WHY?

rodbender

We don't need secession. What we need is a new "Declaration of Independence" for Texas. Should we take back the land we gave to the feds in the treaty to become a state? I say yes. They broke the contract (treaty). We should gladly return the 12 million they used to pay the debts of Texas.

You may already be in Texas and don't realize it.

But, the cowards we have in Austin ain't gonna do it. They've got exactly "0" cajones.

Last edited:

Jack House

We don't need secession. What we need is a new "Declaration of Independence" for Texas. Should we take back the land we gave to the feds in the treaty to become a state? I say yes. They broke the contract (treaty). We should gladly return the 12 million they used to pay the debts of Texas.

You may already be in Texas and don't realize it.

But, the cowards we have in Austin ain't gonna do it. They've got exactly "0" cajones.
If we give back the $12m, then I demand back the land they took as compensation for the money.