• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Permit delayed

M-Taliesin

Status?

Howdy Folks!
So.... has there been any change? What is the current status of this issue?
Still no permit? Permit issued? Any discussion with the sheriff involved?

I'm following this thread with keen interest, considering I'll be applying for my own CCW in the future and would like to know how things go for folks in various counties.

Guess El Paso county is the place ya oughtta be, if you want the minimum of fuss, that is.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

eBratt

I ended up having to go out and get the regular training. That was turned in. Now they say that they can't issue without my picture being taken at their station. I work out of town so the soonest that can happen is Monday morning before I leave to go back out of town from my weekend at home.

Kingfish

I ended up having to go out and get the regular training. That was turned in. Now they say that they can't issue without my picture being taken at their station. I work out of town so the soonest that can happen is Monday morning before I leave to go back out of town from my weekend at home.
But the good news is that you should be able to pick it up right then.

Polynikes

How are you liking the Crossbreed? I love mine, and was thinking about ordering a second one for my backup -wondering how wearing 2 holsters would rank as far as useable.

I love it, I can carry my XD9sc IWB in just jeans and a T-shirt and it's completely unnoticeable. Plus, the darn thing only gets more comfortable each day I wear it. Definitely worth the price and the wait.

As far as wearing two, I think Crossbreed makes an even smaller model for a something little like a BUG, that could easily be worn in appendix or small of back mode. Microtuck or something like that. My wife wants one for her .38.

RandallFlagg

I love it, I can carry my XD9sc IWB in just jeans and a T-shirt and it's completely unnoticeable. Plus, the darn thing only gets more comfortable each day I wear it. Definitely worth the price and the wait.

As far as wearing two, I think Crossbreed makes an even smaller model for a something little like a BUG, that could easily be worn in appendix or small of back mode. Microtuck or something like that. My wife wants one for her .38.

I use my CB with my Beretta 92FS, and it's VERY nice.
A tad bit heavy, but that's not the holster's fault.
I'm figuring that if I start carrying 2 (The 92 and an XDM 45), I may need to re-size my pants a bit.

RandallFlagg

Permit in hand as of yesterday morning. Do all SOs try to put employer information on the permit?

I concur with Polynikes on that nope. I didn't need to offer that information, either.
Would love to know how THAT conversation went, though.

eBratt

They originally got the information when I applied. I had run into the deputy several times through work (I had been doing suicide evaluations at the jail with my job) and as he was collecting other information (height, weight, etc) he asked about employment. I assumed it was friendly conversation but apparently he was entering that into the computer as well.

When I went to get the permit, my employer had since changed. The clerk asked if I still worked at XXXXXXX as she was prepping the permit to print. I said no and she asked where I do work. I started to answer and then asked whether that information was on the permit and she said yes. I then said that it doesn't need to be on the permit and declined to inform them of my current employer.

Sure enough, when the permit printed out, there was a slot for it on the back. It is the only blank line.

Attachments

• CO Permit Back.jpg
    CO Permit Back.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

Badger Johnson

So 'HG only', huh? Guess that rules out the Gimli Battle Axe, the WW lasso, Thor's Hammer (Mjöllnir), Hand-held tactical nukular, light saber and noisy cricket, huh?

Great job sticking on it and being patient. :banghead:

eBratt

Yeah, no kidding. I asked if they issue it for anything other than handguns and she said no. I guess they want to make sure there is no room for misinterpretation!

Anubis

handguns only

CRS 18-12-204. Permit contents - validity - carrying requirements.
(1) (a) Each permit shall bear a color photograph...
(b) A permit is valid for a period of five years...
(2) (a) A permittee, in compliance with the terms of a permit, may carry a concealed handgun as allowed by state law.

eBratt

Anubis, yeah, I knew that but the fact that they were specifying HG only made me ask. Never know what you might discover is happening if you ask a few questions.

RandallFlagg

300 days!? Tha'ts almost a god damn year!

As much as I liked living in Colorado, I got to say CBI's firearms division must only hire from the local insane asylum.

It took Adams County 77 days to call me to pick mine up.
They sure take their time with 'em.

Sig229

It took Adams County 77 days to call me to pick mine up.
They sure take their time with 'em.

Even 77 days is crazy.
There's really no excuse for that.
But I could go on for hours about the different problems I have had with CBI's Firearm Division.

To get a "License to Carry Firearms" here in PA, it takes a week and a half - two weeks on average.
In Philadelphia it takes a little longer.

Last edited:

eBratt

I'll beat that. In Washington, from the day I walked into the SO to apply until it was in my mailbox: 5 days. They run their checks and then issue based on the assumption that you are innocent and will come take it back if the FBI check turns up anything.