• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dishonest Brady's at it again

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
I just got this:

Dear T Dubya,

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) has proposed an important new step to curb gun smuggling to Mexico.

ATF wants to hear from you and has asked for the public to weigh in with comments on its new idea.

Please tell ATF that you support its proposal to require reporting of multiple sales of weapons, such as semi-automatic military-style assault rifles, by gun dealers in the Southwest border states of California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas.

The comment period closes May 31, so please click here to take action today!

America's gun laws are so weak that gun dealers don't even have to inform law enforcement when they sell dozens of these weapons of war in one sale.

The violence fueled by our weak gun laws is killing thousands both here and in Mexico, and gun trafficking to Mexico threatens to cause a major foreign policy crisis for the U.S.

Please make your voice heard and help ATF crack down on gunrunners to Mexico and contribute to security in Mexico and the United States.

After you've taken action, please also forward this message to your family and friends."

VW_Factor

Its too bad they don't have a contact link. I'd like to email them and ask their thoughts about GunRunner and F&F.

Brion

If I was a gun dealer down there, I would exercise my right to refuse business with anyone.

"No shoes, No shirt, No english, No business."

eye95

If I was a gun dealer down there, I would exercise my right to refuse business with anyone.

How about, "No shirt, no shoes, no English, no gun, no business--unless you are here to buy your first gun, then we will forgive the 'no gun' part"?

PracticalTactical

It's the cops

Here in New Mexico, it's the cops who keep coming up dirty selling guns into Mexico.

Recently, a police chief from a small border town called Columbus got busted selling hundreds of WASR-10 AK clones into Mexico. What's worse is that the mayor and trustees (city councilors) were also in on it.

But then again, state and federal law allow these guys to carry anywhere they want because somehow they are more trustworthy than me and my CCW students.

PavePusher

I'm sure someone will love to take up the business from legitimate immigrants that you would turn away with that sign and attitude.

Whatever.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Definitely do NOT support this ATF scheme.

The ATF has single handedly been promoting, condoning and participating in the sale of guns to illegal gun runners in order to pump up their figures and justify more money.

Didn't think that there was anyone in this group that was not aware of Project Gunwalker and related scandals involving the ATF - there are 2 congressional investigations going on now - many senior ATF people have been transfered.

Google Gunwalker - these are things you need to know!

This is just one small example:
In a second, equally explosive disclosure, a law enforcement source tells Fox News, that ATF undercover agents were acting as the straw buyers and purchasing guns using government-issued false identifications and then providing those guns to cartel traffickers to gain credibility in their undercover roles. In that capacity, the ATF "provided 2, 50 cal. machine guns to traffickers that are loose in Mexico and unaccounted for," the source said.”