Thread: Looking for thread i.e. DA said will prosecute CPL holders if 2nd handgun concealed.

Looking for thread i.e. DA said will prosecute CPL holders if 2nd handgun concealed.

Sorry but a Search did not turn anything up (probably my poor choice of search terms).

Anyway, I recall reading a thread about whether or not it is legal to carry a second handgun concealed with a CPL in Michigan. The consensus was yes it is legal, but there was a side discussion about an anti-gun District Attorney who took the opposite view and threatened that she would prosecute any concealed carry permit holder who carried more than one handgun concealed. I would like to find out more information about this, thanks.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OC4me View Post
    Sorry but a Search did not turn anything up (probably my poor choice of search terms).

Anyway, I recall reading a thread about whether or not it is legal to carry a second handgun concealed with a CPL in Michigan. The consensus was yes it is legal, but there was a side discussion about an anti-gun District Attorney who took the opposite view and threatened that she would prosecute any concealed carry permit holder who carried more than one handgun concealed. I would like to find out more information about this, thanks.
    http://www.migunowners.org/forum/sho...d.php?t=135740
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

The search feature on here isn't great. That DA BTW is Kym Worthy.
    Last edited by eastmeyers; 05-26-2011 at 04:05 PM.
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by eastmeyers View Post
    That DA BTW is Kim Worthy.
    Hmmm . . . interesting. I read "DA" as "dumba**" instead of what you probably meant. Was that because Kym Worthy was in the same sentence, and my mind automatically made the right choice?
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Hmmm . . . interesting. I read "DA" as "dumba**" instead of what you probably meant. Was that because Kym Worthy was in the same sentence, and my mind automatically made the right choice?
    Keep in mind she put Kwame away. 2 sides to the coin, one is bad, and one is good.
    Last edited by eastmeyers; 05-26-2011 at 03:35 PM.
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    God Bless

Thanks very much. I'm not a member of Michigan Gun Owner's so I must have seen a thread somewhere on this forum. If all else fails I'll register over at that site to gain access to the above link . . but I have a bad habit of getting hooked on gun forums, there goes several more hours a week :-)

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
    The search feature on here isn't great. That DA BTW is Kim Worthy.
    I was corrected...it was not Kym Worthy but rather her predecessor John D. O'Hair.... I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by dougwg View Post
    I was corrected...it was not Kym Worthy but rather her predecessor John D. O'Hair.... I believe.
    Thanks for making me look bad Doug! I have also read an article that she is quoted in, I THOUGHT, where she also made this absurd claim, I have been searching, and searching, and SEARCHING!!! My Google (actually bing google just sounds cooler) fu, is failing me! I may have to retract everything, so...

As of this moment I can not find a source where Kym Worthy made a statement saying a CPL holder can carry only one pistol.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

God Bless

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OC4me View Post
    Thanks very much. I'm not a member of Michigan Gun Owner's so I must have seen a thread somewhere on this forum. If all else fails I'll register over at that site to gain access to the above link . . but I have a bad habit of getting hooked on gun forums, there goes several more hours a week :-)
    It's worth your time.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
    Thanks for making me look bad Doug! I have also read an article that she is quoted in, I THOUGHT, where she also made this absurd claim, I have been searching, and searching, and SEARCHING!!! My Google (actually bing google just sounds cooler) fu, is failing me! I may have to retract everything, so...

As of this moment I can not find a source where Kym Worthy made a statement saying a CPL holder can carry only one pistol.
    She's still a DA though

I don't know why folks are worried about this. The state police even have this question on their FAQ; however, they do not have the answer. The answer is here....

8.3b Singular and plural; gender.

Sec. 3b.

Every word importing the singular number only may extend to and embrace the plural number, and every word importing the plural number may be applied and limited to the singular number. Every word importing the masculine gender only may extend and be applied to females as well as males.

History: Add. 1959, Act 189, Imd. Eff. July 22, 1959

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I don't know why folks are worried about this. The state police even have this question on their FAQ; however, they do not have the answer. The answer is here....

8.3b Singular and plural; gender.

Sec. 3b.

Every word importing the singular number only may extend to and embrace the plural number, and every word importing the plural number may be applied and limited to the singular number. Every word importing the masculine gender only may extend and be applied to females as well as males.

History: Add. 1959, Act 189, Imd. Eff. July 22, 1959
    Oh I'm not worried, but it makes a good example for the letter I'm drafting.

The search feature on here isn't great. That DA BTW is Kym Worthy.
    Not really surpriseing is it. She is famous for her well thought out statements and wise legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    As do most

Keep in mind she put Kwame away. 2 sides to the coin, one is bad, and one is good.
    By that thought stream a criminal who commits a hundred bad acts should get a pass because of one good act?

And Kwame gave her more than enough to lead to sink an aircraft carrier. My cat could convict that guy. See cat at left....
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!