• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for thread i.e. DA said will prosecute CPL holders if 2nd handgun concealed.

OC4me

Sorry but a Search did not turn anything up (probably my poor choice of search terms).

Anyway, I recall reading a thread about whether or not it is legal to carry a second handgun concealed with a CPL in Michigan. The consensus was yes it is legal, but there was a side discussion about an anti-gun District Attorney who took the opposite view and threatened that she would prosecute any concealed carry permit holder who carried more than one handgun concealed. I would like to find out more information about this, thanks.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Sorry but a Search did not turn anything up (probably my poor choice of search terms).

Anyway, I recall reading a thread about whether or not it is legal to carry a second handgun concealed with a CPL in Michigan. The consensus was yes it is legal, but there was a side discussion about an anti-gun District Attorney who took the opposite view and threatened that she would prosecute any concealed carry permit holder who carried more than one handgun concealed. I would like to find out more information about this, thanks.

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=135740

eastmeyers

Hmmm . . . interesting. I read "DA" as "dumba**" instead of what you probably meant. Was that because Kym Worthy was in the same sentence, and my mind automatically made the right choice? :)
Keep in mind she put Kwame away. 2 sides to the coin, one is bad, and one is good. :p

Last edited:

eastmeyers

I was corrected...it was not Kym Worthy but rather her predecessor John D. O'Hair.... I believe.

Thanks for making me look bad Doug! :p:p I have also read an article that she is quoted in, I THOUGHT, where she also made this absurd claim, I have been searching, and searching, and SEARCHING!!! My Google (actually bing google just sounds cooler) fu, is failing me! I may have to retract everything, so...

As of this moment I can not find a source where Kym Worthy made a statement saying a CPL holder can carry only one pistol.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
Thanks for making me look bad Doug! :p:p I have also read an article that she is quoted in, I THOUGHT, where she also made this absurd claim, I have been searching, and searching, and SEARCHING!!! My Google (actually bing google just sounds cooler) fu, is failing me! I may have to retract everything, so...

As of this moment I can not find a source where Kym Worthy made a statement saying a CPL holder can carry only one pistol.
She's still a DA though :)

Jared

I don't know why folks are worried about this. The state police even have this question on their FAQ; however, they do not have the answer. The answer is here....

8.3b Singular and plural; gender.

Sec. 3b.

Every word importing the singular number only may extend to and embrace the plural number, and every word importing the plural number may be applied and limited to the singular number. Every word importing the masculine gender only may extend and be applied to females as well as males.

History: Add. 1959, Act 189, Imd. Eff. July 22, 1959

OC4me

I don't know why folks are worried about this. The state police even have this question on their FAQ; however, they do not have the answer. The answer is here....

8.3b Singular and plural; gender.

Sec. 3b.

Every word importing the singular number only may extend to and embrace the plural number, and every word importing the plural number may be applied and limited to the singular number. Every word importing the masculine gender only may extend and be applied to females as well as males.

History: Add. 1959, Act 189, Imd. Eff. July 22, 1959

Oh I'm not worried, but it makes a good example for the letter I'm drafting.

NHCGRPR45

The search feature on here isn't great. That DA BTW is Kym Worthy.

Not really surpriseing is it. She is famous for her well thought out statements and wise legal advice.:p

Hmmm . . . interesting. I read "DA" as "dumba**" instead of what you probably meant. Was that because Kym Worthy was in the same sentence, and my mind automatically made the right choice? :)

As do most ;)

Keep in mind she put Kwame away. 2 sides to the coin, one is bad, and one is good. :p

By that thought stream a criminal who commits a hundred bad acts should get a pass because of one good act? :D

And Kwame gave her more than enough to lead to sink an aircraft carrier. My cat could convict that guy. See cat at left....:banana: