• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry dinner Day!

carracer

The national open carry dinner day is being proposed again by Eye95! Date of June 5th. The date being coordinated with a group other than OCDO as a national open carry day and is a movement of interest rather than a politically motivated organized event. I think this is just what we need! I haven't picked a place for my dinner that evening, but will inform for those who may want to join or find a location of their own.

ecocks

Hope that went well for you guys!

I OC'd, as usual, at Northern Lights Cinema for dinner and a movie. They are friendly and have no problems with lawful carry.

As usual, my place was fine with it, yesterday we had 7 cops, 2 customers, me and an employee carrying without issue. I love it when people strike up a conversation at the counter while placing their order.

Most common question I get, "What are you carrying? Is it a Glock?"

Second most popular question is, "Why are you carrying? Has there been trouble here?"

carracer

Glad you had a good time, Ed! What movie did you see?

We also had a great time! Patti and I got to the Hong Kong and David and Yolanda were already there. Got a table for 6. The waiter made a jest comment about not making the guy with the gun mad, I just chuckled with him. Just after we ordered John, Elizabeth and Vicki showed up with the 2 young'ens. Got a bigger table and had a great meal. Talked with the waiter a bit and invited him to our next meeting.

After dinner went to Lowes to shop for deck and shed material. Was there until closing.

A great open carry day for all!

Anyone else participate elsewhere?

ecocks

We saw Hanna, great action flick.

I love Northern Lights, great price, plenty of elbow room with a table in front of you rather than someone's head and you can enjoy a reasonably-priced meal with your movie IF YOU WANT. I like the quesadilla myself.

Well worth the drive to Nampa and you can say that Ed sent you, complement their policy and even get some decent engaging of the policy from other customers while waiting for the movie to start.

Last edited: