• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jerome Ersland found guilty..

deadlifter

I feel sad for this man and his family. That being said, he went overboard. Now he has to pay the price, however heavy that may be. Im praying for him and his family, and hopefully he will get an appeal and a reduced sentence.

TheAngelKing47

I wholeheartedly disagree with the verdict. These criminals would be back to do more harm to someone else. If someone can explain what taking out the criminal permanently is a bad thing, I'm all ears.

Because it's not politically correct

Steve47

There is not enough information. Where did the first bullet go? If it was just an injury, maybe he was still a threat. If the first shot killed the criminal, the other 5 shots means nothing. If you shoot at a dead body, that's not a murder.
We can't tell if he is guilty, if we don't know the details.

protias

There is not enough information. Where did the first bullet go? If it was just an injury, maybe he was still a threat. If the first shot killed the criminal, the other 5 shots means nothing. If you shoot at a dead body, that's not a murder.
We can't tell if he is guilty, if we don't know the details.
First shot was a head shot, perp went down. Second perp ran and Mr. Ersland pursued. Second perp got away and when Mr. Ersland came back, first perp was still moving (he did not describe what the perp was doing), so he stopped the threat.

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-pharmacist-faces-murder-charge-in-shooting/article/3372941

Aknazer

There was also 44 seconds between the first shot and second shot. The prosecutor used that to say that there was 44 seconds of premeditation, hence the first degree charge instead of second degree. I think it's complete BS and even signed a petition that was going around at this month's OK2A meeting that is to go to the governor to try and have her step in.

Last edited:

77zach

Obviously not 1st degree murder. Where do they find these idiot juries? He was reacting, inappropriately, to a traumatic situation. If somebody murders your family member I think it's fine for you to stalk and gun down the perpetrator. What this pharmacist did sounds extreme though.

okboomer

I had an opportunity to sit with 3 defense lawyers and talk about the trial last week. Two of whom called Box (defense for Ersland) to offer to help and were turned down.

Upshot was that Box was grandstanding throughout the trial and seemed to do his level best to piss off the judge and DA.

As was mentioned before, the video does NOT show what the kid was doing after the shooting, and in the CC class I attended (former Deputy Sheriff, Treasurer of ORA) the instructor stressed that if you pull the gun, you will shoot, and keep shooting until the bad guy stops moving, even if you have to reload.

As for the comments about the jury, well, they all averred that they hadn't seen any press coverage of the incident. If true, IMHO, they were extremely gullible about the presentation of the evidence. I also have not seen if any of the jurors were CC holders or not. That would be an interesting factoid to know.

And, yes, mama was on the TV saying what a good boy he was and that he was turning his life around.

At least the two knuckleheads that sent the boys in the pharmacy were convicted, too.