• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

June 5th Open Carry day Dinner.

VW_Factor

My wife and I will be up north near PDX, however we shall be free sometime after 6pm. Given in the spirit of the national OC dinner night, I guess we are doing it along with the June 5th Bloggers OC day.

Anyone with favorite places to eat inside or outside of PDX area? Lets plan it up and get to it.

Keep in mind that PDX area requires a CHL to OC as they have the city ORD against it, and loaded mags atm. So, outside PDX would work just fine as well, for those who are willing however not having CHLs.

Anyone for a McMenamins maybe? I can do the footwork of calling around if needed. Lemme know. thanks..

-Dave

Last edited:

Puddin99

Campaign Veteran
I should be able to make it. I'll see if my wife wants to come also.

VW_Factor, it was my intrepretation under Oregon City code 9.24.020, that unloaded open carry without a permit would be fine except for park, schook, or public building. Definition of public building appeas to be undefinied.

A refers to not having an unloaded in a public building. Would not McMenamins be private?
B refers to just being unloaded everywhere else.

http://library.municode.com/HTML/16540/level2/TIT9PUPEMOWE_CH9.24WE.html

doughboi

I'm always looking for oc in portland but my schedule sucks, but the 5th might work as long as its after 7. and was wondering if family would be ok? i have a 13 month old.

Dogbait

I'm always looking for oc in portland but my schedule sucks, but the 5th might work as long as its after 7. and was wondering if family would be ok? i have a 13 month old.

I don't believe anyone will have an issue with family coming, I am pretty sure we are all friendly!

VW_Factor

The establishment is not "public" as far as the law is concerned.

posting this from my phone.

family will be fine.

AS far as non CHL, I was a bit unsure how leo may understand the law.

See you all there. Green bug. I'll be the tall bald guy wearing a Napa racing shirt.

Last edited:

VW_Factor

There was much talk of bacon, cast iron pans and some VW talk. Also great fries and tater tots. :D

mcmenaminsoc.jpg

Enjoyed it guys. :D

doughboi

Man look like you guys had a great time, wish I could of been there but was at a family bbq and food was free.

VW_Factor

Looks like a great time! Will be staying at a McMinnimens in a couple of weeks. The Haunted one!

McMenamins in McMinnville is one of my favorites (Hotel Oregon). I've been twice since I started OC'ing without any issues whatsoever. From what I've gathered in some email from the "chain" they seem pretty firearm friendly.

Enjoy your stay there!

Check out the Kennedy School sometime if you ever get a chance. :)