• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Willow Lake date - Aug 20th

sirpuma

I have put it on my calendar. I hope to be able to make it.

Now I just need to decide which long gun to OC.

JUST KIDDING. Though if I can make it I'll bring my table, chair and canopy if needed. I may even be able to bring my grill (though that might need some disassembly or a trailer to bring.)

Last edited:

amlevin

I plan to have some other cool prizes as well again like a year's supply of hair products.

Maybe you can give away one of these for those that are "folicularly challenged":

44ff16c455007_9742n.jpg

DEROS72

I have put it on my calendar. I hope to be able to make it.

Now I just need to decide which long gun to OC.

JUST KIDDING. Though if I can make it I'll bring my table, chair and canopy if needed. I may even be able to bring my grill (though that might need some disassembly or a trailer to bring.)

That would be really helpful and appreciated ,the extra chairs etc.Also the additional canopy would be great. Thanks.

amzbrady

Thanks, AMZ. I will try to be more active on here. Just don't have a lot of time right now. But you guys on here and the forum are not forgotten by me.

Ruby, You set a great example for women. I am surprised in today's world that women dont out carry men. I have alot of respect for any woman who is ready to stand up for herself and show she is not afraid of what others think. Kudo's to you Ruby.

amlevin

Ruby, You set a great example for women. I am surprised in today's world that women dont out carry men. I have alot of respect for any woman who is ready to stand up for herself and show she is not afraid of what others think. Kudo's to you Ruby.

You might be amazed at the number of women that do carry. Maybe not on their belts but definitely in their purses.

When I was a kid the Beretta .25 or a .32 revolver was almost standard issue for women's purses. They just didn't make a big deal of it. My wife's "purse gun" was a Walther PPK/S in .22LR. Today it's a Kel-Tec P3-AT.

Ruby

You might be amazed at the number of women that do carry. Maybe not on their belts but definitely in their purses.

When I was a kid the Beretta .25 or a .32 revolver was almost standard issue for women's purses. They just didn't make a big deal of it. My wife's "purse gun" was a Walther PPK/S in .22LR. Today it's a Kel-Tec P3-AT.

Amlevin, you are correct. I know a couple of ladies that CC. Just because it's not visible doesn't mean it's not there. I have to CC most of the time now. I can't carry at all at Lowe's; if they found out, it's grounds for immediate termination. I'm not comfortable not having it with me, but it's their property and they make the rules. As far as my house cleaning goes, I have to CC there as well; don't want to freak out the few remaining customers I have, and it's just not practical to OC when I'm cleaning a house. Don't need cleaning chemicals all over the gun. I don't know about the bus system, whether or not they would allow me on the bus if I were OC, but when I am not going to Lowe's I am CC. There's too many nut cases that ride the bus, as well as other questionable characters to have a gun visible in plain sight. Please don't get me wrong, I fully support OC, I just can't do it myself right now, at least not much. Hopefully in the future, especially when I have my own transportation again, I will again OC on a regular basis. I do what I have to do to survive financially in our current economy.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
It is perfectly legal to OC and CC on the public transit system. They have internal policies in place and they know it is legal. Just ask Deros as this is how he gets around and has had driver's call in to dispatch to have the call returned as he is totally legal.

There is a internal memo around somewhere as well.

Ruby, keep doing what you are doing. Carry.

amzbrady

I think you misunderstood my comment. I know that ALOT of women carry. I was saying that I am surprised that there arent more women than men that carry. Actually I should have said in todays world, I am surprised that EVERY woman over 21 (until green gets that changed to 18) doesnt carry.

Ruby

I think you misunderstood my comment. I know that ALOT of women carry. I was saying that I am surprised that there arent more women than men that carry. Actually I should have said in todays world, I am surprised that EVERY woman over 21 (until green gets that changed to 18) doesnt carry.

I think most women tend to follow the lead of their significant other. If their boyfriend, husband, etc. doesn't carry or isn't into guns or self defense, they aren't likely to be either. It can make for a lot of friction in a relationship. The women who do carry either are single or have the support of their SO. Plus we live in a liberal society here, so there's peer pressure there. I am single and I value my life and my safety more than I care what someone thinks. The concessions that I make to that are only for the purpose of earning money I need to live. Also, I am grateful for the moral support of all of you here on this forum, it means a lot. You can bet I will be OC at Willow Lake! Got to get ready for work now. Everybody have a great day!

amlevin

Yet if women tend to carry "clandestinely" how do you know that "we" aren't outnumbered. Unless one was to stop every woman on the street, and inspect their purses, how would anyone really know the true number of women that carry a firearm. Yes, there are a lot of men that carry firearms but by no means the majority. Many who own, don't carry. Those that do, since they don't carry purses (for the most part) and therefore are more "discoverable". Women, on the other hand have that great big mysterious purse. I've seen just about everything come out of some of them from Colt Python's in .357 Magnum to little Ravens in .25acp. That doesn't even begin to cover the straight razors, stilettos, rolls of coins in men's dress socks, Kitchen Knives, and even claw hammers. Unlike men the women of our society just arm themselves and don't brag much about it.

And then there is the situation where the "gangsta" with a long record and possibly on parole has his "woman" carry the "piece". He knows he's going to get hassled so he just has her carry it in her purse.

DEROS72

Thanks guys for keeping this going I have been recovering from another surgery and haven't been on for a while. Feeling better now.

So M1GUNR and I have cooked up ahuge surprise for this years Willow Lake.So you'll have to show up to get in on it.......Not tellin......

Last edited: