Thread: Woodmans in Green Bay

Woodmans in Green Bay

So Im thinking of doing my first open carry tomorrow. I still havent done it yet ( I know, I know).

I was going to go to Woodmans, but they sell alcohol. They do sell it in a separate area of the store though that is through a set of sliding doors. You pay for it separate from your groceries as well.

Would this be acceptable to OC, or would I need written permission from Woodmans?

Woodmans is good to go as is fleet farm have fun
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 05-26-2011 at 08:27 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by deadlifter View Post
    So Im thinking of doing my first open carry tomorrow. I still havent done it yet ( I know, I know).

I was going to go to Woodmans, but they sell alcohol. They do sell it in a separate area of the store though that is through a set of sliding doors. You pay for it separate from your groceries as well.

Would this be acceptable to OC, or would I need written permission from Woodmans?

A store that sells booze is fine. I carry at the booze store all the time.
    It is NOT sold to be consumed on site, so it is all good.

Thanks!

So for clarification as I was wondering how folks were carrying at places that sell alcohol, you can carry there as long is its a place where you cant consume it, IE the liquor store, grocery store, gas station?

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    Woodmans is good to go as is fleet farm have fun
    Thanks, maybe I'll hit fleet farm up too! I do need to pick up a very small screw to fix the boys broken dinosaur leg lol!

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Thanks!

So for clarification as I was wondering how folks were carrying at places that sell alcohol, you can carry there as long is its a place where you cant consume it, IE the liquor store, grocery store, gas station?
    Correct, the law says you cannot carry in a facility that has a class-b license without permission of the person holding the license. Class-b licenses are issued to facilities that serve alcohol by the drink, basically a bar, restaurants that serve liquor, such as Chili's.

Everyone here has told you rightly, but always learn the laws for yourself.
    Look under the 'legal' tab of www.wisconsincarry.org for relevant Wisconsin laws.
    Follow the link for 941.237 (which I also just linked to there) to read the law about carrying where alcohol is sold for consumption.

You can also search WI statutes by number or word/phrase here.

I've never had a problem in Woodman's or Fleet Farm.
    (Avoid Farm&Fleet, though - they're anti-gun!)
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

I have the laws in my sig and motofixxer has everything in a single thread (stickied at the top).

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ou-should-know
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    I have the laws in my sig and motofixxer has everything in a single thread (stickied at the top).

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ou-should-know
    I know you do. I've read over them several times, and watched the videos. I want to make sure I know exactly what Im doing, and not supposed to be doing, which is why I asked. I was having a hard time understanding the class B liquor and on premise wording, but its clear now.

Thanks for the work putting it all together.

I know you do. I've read over them several times, and watched the videos. I want to make sure I know exactly what Im doing, and not supposed to be doing, which is why I asked. I was having a hard time understanding the class B liquor and on premise wording, but its clear now.

Thanks for the work putting it all together.
    That's what we are all here for.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Well today was my first time OC'ing. It went good. I first went to radio shack, holster only, to get a voice recorder.

Then it was on to Walmart to get some supplies and cupcakes for my 4 year olds birthday for his day care class. I dont remember the last time I was so nervous walking somewhere. Probably to the principals office in high school lol. It went well though.

Then it was off to Kmart, then subway, then to Fleet Farm and finally Woodmans.

I would guess %99 of the people I came into contact with didnt even notice I was carrying. I had a a serpa blackhawk belt holster, filled that with a Springfield 1911 .45, and a tucked in shirt, so its not like it wasnt hard to see.

The people that did see it, didnt even really look twice at it.

I'd like to thank all the folks here who have worked hard trying to get our rights back in our hands, and for putting all of the information on a great site.

Next place you need to go to is some place like a Culver's or Subway and eat in. Or get a coffee at a starbucks, anyone know Caribou Coffee's stance on carrying a firearm?
    Join Wisconsin Carry today, defend your rights!

Wisconsin Carry member since March, 2011

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    - Thomas Jefferson

I ate in at Subway on Shawano Ave. I had a 12" oven roasted chicken on wheat meal. One refill of Mello Yello

Quote Originally Posted by deadlifter
    ... radio shack, Walmart, Kmart, then subway, then to Fleet Farm and finally Woodmans...
    And most people didn't notice.
    So much for the anti's & their pet judge who say that OC scares people.

I don't remember the last time I was so nervous walking somewhere.
    Probably to the principals office in high school lol.
    Even meek little me made that trek a time or two. More in middle school than high school, though. By high school the mean kids mostly left me alone, so I didn't have to fight back any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro01 View Post
    Next place you need to go to is some place like a Culver's or Subway and eat in. Or get a coffee at a starbucks, anyone know Caribou Coffee's stance on carrying a firearm?
    Caribou is not on "the list," so I say go for it.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...pon-our-rights

I didnt realize Kmart was on that list, and I OC'ed there today. I looked for signs on the way in, but didnt see any, so I continued. No one gave it a second look.

Deadlifter, I OC nearly EVERYWHERE in Green Bay, and to date have not been asked to leave any business.
    I had spent on a number of occasions chatting w/ppl in various stores and for some reason it hardly gets noticed. Kids most especially notice and am asked quite frequently by the kids if I'm a cop.
    For the adults who ask, I counter with, "It would make no difference if I was" A closed ended statement!
    I learned through a "reliable anonymous" source that the GBPD has been informed some of their officers "this individual probably knows more about the Legality of OC than probably any of you"
    Which disturbs me greatly! LEO should know as much, if not more than US!
    So, as it goes, you should have little to no issues. However, a voice recorder is a great tool!
    PM me if you want to OC in the area, would be nice to put a face w/a name!

Quote Originally Posted by qball54208
    I learned through a "reliable anonymous" source that the GBPD has informed some of their officers "this individual probably knows more about the Legality of OC than probably any of you"
    LOL!!!! That is funny.
    Do you know if they specifically meant you, or OCers in general?
    But yes, why wouldn't they train officers better; maybe have you do a seminar for them?
    Have to hold it at a non-gov't building, though.

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
    He could hold it in the local Culvers. :-)
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    LOL!!!! That is funny.
    Do you know if they specifically meant you, or OCers in general?
    But yes, why wouldn't they train officers better; maybe have you do a seminar for them?
    Have to hold it at a non-gov't building, though.
    Yupper, I know for a fact "they" were referring to me! I was out walking my dog and armed in the area and at the time the call was dispatched.
    I would LOVE to do an In-service ( seminar) for them, however, as much publicity OC gets, Green Bay PD NOW is finally "getting it" plus, the City Atty and Police Chief would NEVER EVER let ANYONE do that! God forbid!