Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Plymouth Fleet Farm : Handguns for sale

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Fond du Lac, USA
    Posts
    141

    Plymouth Fleet Farm : Handguns for sale

    My brother was in Fleet Farm in Plymouth and asked what they had stacked up in the aisle . Employee told him handguns . Said they were going to start selling a selection of them .

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Vilas County, WI, ,
    Posts
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by 32HR MAG View Post
    My brother was in Fleet Farm in Plymouth and asked what they had stacked up in the aisle . Employee told him handguns . Said they were going to start selling a selection of them .
    My 1st reaction was "cool, it's about time"... then reality set in, & I realized that the nearest Fleet Farm to me is 60+ miles, and because of the dumbass 48hr waiting period (WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN ELIMINATED IN ANY NEW CARRY LAW) I'd have to make two trips (or drive a total of 240 miles) to buy one there. My truck gets 15 mpg. 16 gallons X $4.00 = $64.00 in gas. No thanks.
    Last edited by safcrkr; 05-26-2011 at 09:19 PM.

  3. #3
    Regular Member HandyHamlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Terra, Sol
    Posts
    2,784
    Plus they don't allow guns in their stores...

    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

    "Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

  4. #4
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    West Allis, WI
    Posts
    7,128
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Plus they don't allow guns in their stores...

    You are thinking of Blain's Farm and Fleet, not Mills Fleet Farm. I know, easy mistake to make.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Plus they don't allow guns in their stores...

    Fleet Farm = good

    Farm + Fleet = bad

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Vilas County, WI, ,
    Posts
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Plus they don't allow guns in their stores...

    I thought (Mills) Fleet Farm did... and it was (Blaines) Farm & Fleet that didn't.

    ???

  7. #7
    Regular Member GlockRDH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    north of the Peoples Republic of Madison
    Posts
    626
    what they all said...

  8. #8
    Regular Member HandyHamlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Terra, Sol
    Posts
    2,784
    Oh yah. Mills = Good. My bad.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

    "Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

  9. #9
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    West Allis, WI
    Posts
    7,128
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Oh yah. Mills = Good. My bad.
    If you've ever watched Super Troopers, at 1:24, there is the scene where the troopers find the locals running protection for the drug guys:

    http://www.cswap.com/2002/Super_Troo.../25fps/a/01_24

    So, wait. The local cops are selling
    Afghani grass to the Canadians?

    1:24:08
    -a**holes!
    -[ Thorny ] No, Rabbit,
    it's comin' in from Canada.
    1:24:10
    Canadian grass. Ah!
    1:24:13
    -a**holes.
    - No!
    1:24:15
    The local mothers are
    running protection for' em.

    1:24:19
    - [ Sighs ]
    - Oh, I guess I'm the a**hole.

    The last one reminded me of this. lol
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    , Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    323
    Try this, Fleet Farm = no harm, Farm & Fleet = you're dead meat

  11. #11
    Regular Member littlewolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by safcrkr View Post
    My 1st reaction was "cool, it's about time"... then reality set in, & I realized that the nearest Fleet Farm to me is 60+ miles, and because of the dumb ass 48hr waiting period (WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN ELIMINATED IN ANY NEW CARRY LAW) I'd have to make two trips (or drive a total of 240 miles) to buy one there. My truck gets 15 mpg. 16 gallons X $4.00 = $64.00 in gas. No thanks.
    As a FFL holder your post got me thinking,as of now if you live outside of WI and have a CC permit you do not need a NICS check for a firearm purchase . since NICS is a federal thing ,if end up with a permit option WI will have to get in line with the feds ,at least on long guns and maybe on handguns. I think the DOJ is gonna have to change things.Waiting periods should disappear with the optional permit.
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Vilas County, WI, ,
    Posts
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
    As a FFL holder your post got me thinking,as of now if you live outside of WI and have a CC permit you do not need a NICS check for a firearm purchase . since NICS is a federal thing ,if end up with a permit option WI will have to get in line with the feds ,at least on long guns and maybe on handguns. I think the DOJ is gonna have to change things.Waiting periods should disappear with the optional permit.
    That's not always the case. My daughter lives in MN, has a MN carry permit, yet when she went to a Dick's Sporting Goods to buy a 12ga pump shotgun for her home, she still had to do the NICS check. She showed her permit, and they said that skipping NICS in MN only applied for handguns and "assault weapons". Then she got "delayed" by NICS and had to come back 2 days later to pick it up. The guy at Dicks told her that delays happen quite often to those who have a carry permit (I don't believe there's any connection). This was in the summer of 2009. I found it kinda ironic... in WI, she'd have to wait 48 hrs for a handgun, but in MN, she could've walked out the door with a pistol after paying for it and showing her carry permit (there would've been no delay if there was no NICS). She had to wait 2 days for a shotgun in MN.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Appleton, WI
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
    As a FFL holder your post got me thinking,as of now if you live outside of WI and have a CC permit you do not need a NICS check for a firearm purchase . since NICS is a federal thing ,if end up with a permit option WI will have to get in line with the feds ,at least on long guns and maybe on handguns. I think the DOJ is gonna have to change things.Waiting periods should disappear with the optional permit.
    I had my CPL in Michigan, and they still run a NICS check, you just don't have to get a permission slip from the sheriff's dept first.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,105
    Quote Originally Posted by apierce918 View Post
    I had my CPL in Michigan, and they still run a NICS check, you just don't have to get a permission slip from the sheriff's dept first.
    A current MI CPL qualifies for NICS exemption (as does the Permit to Purchase) for the Feds. This must be some weird state issue.

    In Minnesota, the Permit to Carry does not qualify (not sure what the deficiency is*) for any firearms purchase but it does exempt you from having to obtain a Permit to Purchase (for handguns).

    *Usually has to do with not checking some particular database before issuing.

    In WI, the waiting period is a separate state issue. Legislative action would be required to remove it (whether for permittees or for everyone). But since DOJ does handgun checks beyond NICS, it would probably be retained at least for non-permittees.

  15. #15
    Regular Member oak1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Try this, Fleet Farm = no harm, Farm & Fleet = you're dead meat
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

  16. #16
    Regular Member BROKENSPROKET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Trempealeau County
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by 32HR MAG View Post
    My brother was in Fleet Farm in Plymouth and asked what they had stacked up in the aisle . Employee told him handguns . Said they were going to start selling a selection of them .
    I think the store employee was joking with your brother. Think about it. Do you really think they would have boxes of hadguns piled up in the aisle. Sounds like a security nightmare.

  17. #17
    Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,835
    Quote Originally Posted by apjonas View Post
    In WI, the waiting period is a separate state issue. Legislative action would be required to remove it (whether for permittees or for everyone). But since DOJ does handgun checks beyond NICS, it would probably be retained at least for non-permittees.
    As I mentioned before, there is no Federal waiting period requirement. WI could drop the DOJ checks altogether, use NICS and save money.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Fond du Lac, USA
    Posts
    141

    Handgun display cases

    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    I think the store employee was joking with your brother. Think about it. Do you really think they would have boxes of hadguns piled up in the aisle. Sounds like a security nightmare.
    Talked to my brother yesterday . He said not handguns ,but display cases for handguns. sorry

  19. #19
    Regular Member littlewolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by safcrkr View Post
    That's not always the case. My daughter lives in MN, has a MN carry permit, yet when she went to a Dick's Sporting Goods to buy a 12ga pump shotgun for her home, she still had to do the NICS check. She showed her permit, and they said that skipping NICS in MN only applied for handguns and "assault weapons". Then she got "delayed" by NICS and had to come back 2 days later to pick it up. The guy at Dicks told her that delays happen quite often to those who have a carry permit (I don't believe there's any connection). This was in the summer of 2009. I found it kinda ironic... in WI, she'd have to wait 48 hrs for a handgun, but in MN, she could've walked out the door with a pistol after paying for it and showing her carry permit (there would've been no delay if there was no NICS). She had to wait 2 days for a shotgun in MN.
    I am not familiar with MN. laws but on the 4473 box 23 [ no NICS check was required because the buyer has a valid permit from the State where the transfer is to take place,which qualifies as an exemption to NICS (see Instructions for Question 23) ] I believe the clerks sometimes don't understand the rules and you can't really blame them, for example I purchased a longgun from Mills Fleet farm I gave the clerk a copy of my ffl and was told thats no good here, I filled out the 4473 ,she called it in and got an ear full from the NICS opperator for wasting her time.
    You have to fill out the paperwork but do not have to call it in as long as you have the license #'s in the right place.
    Every State has somting different with hand guns in WI you fill out a 4473 but don't call it in ,and fill out a State hand gun form, call it in and 48 hr wait, some States only do NICS for hand guns and long guns
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

  20. #20
    Regular Member Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Stevens Point, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    79
    Hmm. Hopefully the Stevens Point store starts to as well. I have yet to find a reliable handgun dealer in Portage County.

  21. #21
    Regular Member Carcharodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Neenah, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    189
    I was at the Appleton Fleet Farm on friday and noticed they had 2 prominent glass display cases full of pistol ammo. Usually there are about a dozen boxes in a side cabinet. Also the next 2 glass cases had roll down metal shutters pulled down to hide the contents. Handguns would be my guess!
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
    Thomas Jefferson

  22. #22
    Regular Member Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Stevens Point, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    79
    Confirmed that the Stevens Point one is going to have them. Photo of cases attached...

    Overheard the sales lady talking to another customer, she said she didn't know what brands exactly, but was pretty certain at least Taurus and Glock. They're hoping to have them in stock and up for sale by the end of the month.

    Hopefully they'll be all set by the time I get back from AT.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20110531_150145_edit0.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	5951  

  23. #23
    Regular Member davegran's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,565
    I sure wish they'd open up the SE Wisconsin territories; they'd blow Farm & Fleet out of the water....
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

    WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

    Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

  24. #24
    Regular Member anmut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Stevens Point WI, ,
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    I think the store employee was joking with your brother. Think about it. Do you really think they would have boxes of hadguns piled up in the aisle. Sounds like a security nightmare.
    Actually my last trip to FF here in Stevens Point they were working on the service counter in sporting goods and I noticed two new locking cabinets with roll-down metal slats that covered the glass. Didn't think anything of it until now...

  25. #25
    Regular Member anmut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Stevens Point WI, ,
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Confirmed that the Stevens Point one is going to have them. Photo of cases attached...

    Overheard the sales lady talking to another customer, she said she didn't know what brands exactly, but was pretty certain at least Taurus and Glock. They're hoping to have them in stock and up for sale by the end of the month.

    Hopefully they'll be all set by the time I get back from AT.
    LOL I should've read the whole thread first!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •