• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chatham Co. Range Day

Smith45acp

Official invite vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RW6_DXFNKw

Some AR action from Sunday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGlueJBg5Fc

Since I now have something like 25 steel gongs / knockdowns, and a new .22 pistol, and a 22 conversion for the AR, I've been shooting... A lot.

Time to spread the love.

June 4 is next Saturday. Opening up the gates for the first 8 who RSVP. Meeting at noon.

If you want to come but can't make it due to capacity or scheduling just shoot me a PM sometime and we'll work something out. I'm out there a minimum of twice a week.

Location: 15 minutes south of the beltline, down US 1 (headed toward Sanford). Meeting at:

Skymart (gas station, only thing off this exit)
5875 Old Us 1 Hwy
New Hill, NC 27562-8811
(919) 362-0545

Bring: Guns, ammo, clay (and launcher) / paper if you so desire. Drinks, chairs, TP, etc. There are no facilities this is in the middle of the woods. Also eye protection is a necessity. I strongly recommend something wraparound. I've had my skin broken more than once from return fragmentations (I was pretty close). It's not serious unless it hits your EYEBALL *-)

I have plenty of steel for pistols, and I also have 6 AR500 specialty plates for high velocity fun.

I've rigged a decent sized tarp up for shade / shelter.

Questions?

-Adam

RSVP list:

Dreamer
Taz
RK
Baja

I'm going to be a dick and say if you RSVP and don't show up you're not welcome next time. It doesn't have to be set in stone, you can cancel but if you do it day of you're clearly hogging a spot and that's not cool. Happens every time. Plus, we're stuck at the gas station trying to wait on you to show up for naught.

Last edited:

RoadKing

Afam,
I'm away on vacation, but if I get back and can make it I'd love to head on out there....NEED THE PRACTICE

I'll let you know for sure next week, but put me on the list...

Thanks and everyone have a safe and memorable weekend.....remember the Vet's.

RK

bajadudes

I sure would like to take you up on your offer if there are still openings. I can bring drinks, all my Berettas, my AR-15 with the new slide fire stock, a 30-06 I just got that I would like to sight in and ammo.

Smith45acp

You can scroll through and see if there have been 8 rsvp's yet.

If not then post yours.

bajadudes

See you then.....if anyone wants to try my slidefire bring some amo.......it eats it up pretty fast. I'll bring a couple hundred rounds but that's like 15 seconds worth or less at full tilt boogie. I'll have a 100 round snail drum with me for it.

Dreamer

Some family stuff came up and I can't make it to this event. Someone else can take my place, and I'll catch up with you guys next time around. I hope this doesn't inconvenience anyone too much.

Have fun making those steel plates ring!

Smith45acp

Looks like it's just the four of us; Roadking, Taznc, Baja and me

Last call for any stragglers.....

Last edited:

Smith45acp

Would there be any problem if I brought someone with me? She would probably watch mostly.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

There will only be 5 or so of us, plenty of space.

I forgot to mention this earlier but if anyone checks this on the way out: ********BRING CHAIRS*******

bajadudes

I got 3 chairs and a folding table...see ya soon

white Ford van with ladder racks and large satellite dish on top. kinda like a news truck. says Spacenet on the side