Thread: good cop, bad cop, who knows? (SPD)

good cop, bad cop, who knows? (SPD)

Last edited by mik253; 10-23-2016 at 01:03 AM.

Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

Would that be a violation of the FOIA? When on the job these officers are public employees.

I would go so far as to say they are public servants.
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderTattoo View Post
    I would go so far as to say they are public servants.
    I have been corrected on this they are civil servants.

They are public employees. And this is ridiculous. They get investigated because the public is sick of their crap so they going to be less transparent and close rank more? Way to earn our trust. And they say they don't like the us vs. them situation they have created.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Newer info:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...dnames27m.html

"Seattle city attorneys said Thursday they will appeal a labor arbitrator's ruling ..."

Hate to play devil's advocate here... but from what I understand, the city & union already agreed not to disclose such info in the previously-signed contract. To start doing so now would be a breach of that contract. It's as much the city's snafu for agreeing that that language in the first place. And yes, I do agree the whole situation is ********.

We're all for abiding by legally binding contracts (like the Constitutions) around here riiiiight?

(aside: anyone know how the **** to make profanity stop showing up as *'s?? I'm not a ******* kid for ******* ****'s mother******* sake! ****!)
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Software

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post

(aside: anyone know how the **** to make profanity stop showing up as *'s?? I'm not a ******* kid for ******* ****'s mother******* sake! ****!)
    It's a function of the software to automatically turn certain words into whatever like in Office. For example I can set up my office software to turn an abbreviation like "ADA" to automatically spell it out as Air Defense Artillery. So in this case shiza comes out with *****.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

they get investigated because the public is sick of their crap
    yes, yes, yes!!

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    It's a function of the software to automatically turn certain words into whatever like in Office. For example I can set up my office software to turn an abbreviation like "ADA" to automatically spell it out as Air Defense Artillery. So in this case shiza comes out with *****.
    Not to mention that since we are supposed to be adults here, we should be able to not act like foul teenagers. Foul language isn't actually needed to express ones anger and disgust at the actions of Seattle PD or any government agency. Frankly bad language can detract from the message.

On the topic at hand, somehow it really doesn't surprise me that the department is going to do everything to protect bad cops. That's how they all work. In my mind there really is no such thing as a good cop. Either the cop is bad, or they protect the bad, or they're too dumb, incompetent or scared to know the bad cop exists and do something about it. Any really good cop would be running the bad cops out. But like every other government agency, they are filled with graft and corruption.

Hate to play devil's advocate here... but from what I understand, the city & union already agreed not to disclose such info in the previously-signed contract. To start doing so now would be a breach of that contract. It's as much the city's snafu for agreeing that that language in the first place. And yes, I do agree the whole situation is ********.

We're all for abiding by legally binding contracts (like the Constitutions) around here riiiiight?
    )
    What most people don't think about is the fact that any contract that breaks a law (such as FOIA) is null and void from it's inception. So technically speaking, they have no contract.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

Quote Originally Posted by tombrewster421 View Post
    What most people don't think about is the fact that any contract that breaks a law (such as FOIA) is null and void from it's inception. So technically speaking, they have no contract.
    Well maybe not the entire contract. "Severability" will preserve the rest of it even if one part is held invalid.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by tombrewster421 View Post
    Point taken. Question remains, does the contact actually violate the FOIA?
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.