• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

good cop, bad cop, who knows? (SPD)

sudden valley gunner

I would go so far as to say they are public servants.

I have been corrected on this they are civil servants.

They are public employees. And this is ridiculous. They get investigated because the public is sick of their crap so they going to be less transparent and close rank more? Way to earn our trust. And they say they don't like the us vs. them situation they have created.

Metalhead47

Hate to play devil's advocate here... but from what I understand, the city & union already agreed not to disclose such info in the previously-signed contract. To start doing so now would be a breach of that contract. It's as much the city's snafu for agreeing that that language in the first place. And yes, I do agree the whole situation is ********.

We're all for abiding by legally binding contracts (like the Constitutions) around here riiiiight?

(aside: anyone know how the **** to make profanity stop showing up as *'s?? I'm not a ******* kid for ******* ****'s mother******* sake! ****!)

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Software

(aside: anyone know how the **** to make profanity stop showing up as *'s?? I'm not a ******* kid for ******* ****'s mother******* sake! ****!)
It's a function of the software to automatically turn certain words into whatever like in Office. For example I can set up my office software to turn an abbreviation like "ADA" to automatically spell it out as Air Defense Artillery. So in this case shiza comes out with *****.

sirpuma

It's a function of the software to automatically turn certain words into whatever like in Office. For example I can set up my office software to turn an abbreviation like "ADA" to automatically spell it out as Air Defense Artillery. So in this case shiza comes out with *****.

Not to mention that since we are supposed to be adults here, we should be able to not act like foul teenagers. Foul language isn't actually needed to express ones anger and disgust at the actions of Seattle PD or any government agency. Frankly bad language can detract from the message.

On the topic at hand, somehow it really doesn't surprise me that the department is going to do everything to protect bad cops. That's how they all work. In my mind there really is no such thing as a good cop. Either the cop is bad, or they protect the bad, or they're too dumb, incompetent or scared to know the bad cop exists and do something about it. Any really good cop would be running the bad cops out. But like every other government agency, they are filled with graft and corruption.

tombrewster421

Hate to play devil's advocate here... but from what I understand, the city & union already agreed not to disclose such info in the previously-signed contract. To start doing so now would be a breach of that contract. It's as much the city's snafu for agreeing that that language in the first place. And yes, I do agree the whole situation is ********.

We're all for abiding by legally binding contracts (like the Constitutions) around here riiiiight?
)

What most people don't think about is the fact that any contract that breaks a law (such as FOIA) is null and void from it's inception. So technically speaking, they have no contract.