View Poll Results: Which time is best for you?

7. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1pm is best for me.

1 14.29%
  • 6pm is best for me.

6 85.71%

Thread: June 5, 2011 - Open Carry Day - Metro Area

Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA

June 5, 2011 - Open Carry Day - Metro Area

Well, May 1, the original "National Open Carry Dinner" came and went. Although the thread was derailed here on OCDO, I got together for dinner with a few close friends somewhat new to OC, and received scattered reports of a handful of others around the country who did the same.

June 5 is a Sunday, and I've been to a handful of meets here in Colorado Springs, so I've like to get together with some more fellow Coloradans beyond the Springs.

Perhaps we can meet closer to (but not in, obviously) Denver at a decent, but non-traditional restaurant either around 1pm for lunch, or 6pm for dinner.

That would be nice.

Those of us from the Springs might work out a carpool from the FREX parking lot immediately SW of the I-25 and Woodman intersection.

Someone with some savvy of what's tasty without being very expensive in the lower Denver Metropolitan area please pick a place! Let's vote on whether to hold it at 1pm or 6pm (vote's up), and then make it happen!
    The 1st protects the 2nd, and the 2nd protects the 1st. GET THIS OR LOSE IT ALLl: 27-2=0. Our 2A is THE bellwether, and ain't none finer: Islamic Reality. Our Founding Fathers on Church and State. PC=ZERO.

, ,
    I'd love to go, and am glad it will be a bit closer to home. I think a 6 PM supper would work best for me, as I will be in church in the morning and my get out time isn't really flexible.

As far as good eatin', I like Brothers BBQ located on Arapahoe and I-25 (I don't know the city, but Lone Tree/Greenwood Village/Centennial), but cannot comment on their OC/firearms policy. If anyone else has suggestions, it would be good to hear, as I am new to Colorado and am open to learning some good places to eat.

Aurora, Colorado, USA
    I might be able to make something that day. I won't know for sure until later this week.
    "There are those who still think they are holding the pass against a revolution that may be coming up the road. But they are gazing in the wrong direction. The revolution is behind them. It went by in the Night of Depression, singing songs of freedom" -- Garet Garrett, The Revolution Was (1938)

Aurora, Colorado

Howdy Amigo!
    You know I'd be there in an Irish instant if I could. Unfortunately, I'm stuck working most Sundays. I haven't checked my schedule for this coming week, but I expect I'll be required to show up on the job thing from around 11am to 7pm!

That sorta lets me out. I hate when that happens.

I generally have Saturdays off, but am not sure about this one coming up.

I'd surely want to be there, but can't this time around.
    Any chance of having it on Saturday?
    Or perhaps later in the month when I can have more time to schedule the day off?

Lakewood, Colorado, USA
    Either time works ok for me. The 6pm probally a little better. The closer to metro instead of an hour and a half south works WAY better.

Chili's sounds good. but I'm pretty equal opportunity as far as yummy food going into my belly.

Any word on how this went, folks?
    Why do I have a bar in my home? Because it's cheaper to stock a bar than to get a DUI.