• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BIAS alert: KIRO Radio tells only one side of Seattle gun ban story

Dave Workman

Listeners to Friday morning’s KIRO-FM news broadcasts were treated repeatedly to a one-sided report regarding this weekend’s Folklife Festival and the Seattle Center, and the attempt by the city to ban guns from the Center city parks facilities…
This column spoke with Alan Gottlieb, executive vice president of the Bellevue-based Second Amendment Foundation, which sued the city over its gun ban attempt and won. According to Gottlieb, KIRO did not attempt to contact him for an opposing view…

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...lling-only-one-side-of-seattle-gun-ban-friday

xxx.jakk.xxx

When will we get a mayor in our city that won't attempt to make a lawful activity illegal while doing something illegal himself?

amzbrady

Our hands are tied at the local level and we are unable to adopt any local laws to protect our residents from gun crime

This is why I carry a firearm. They can not protect anyone from GUN CRIME. The thing I dont understand is since they cant regulate GUN CRIME, why screw with LAWFUL GUN CARRY. Guess they have to try to control something.

How many countries have put their citizens in danger by invoking Gun Ownership Bans? Nobody seems to learn...

Dumbasses.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Our hands are tied at the local level and we are unable to adopt any local laws to protect our residents from gun crime

This is why I carry a firearm. They can not protect anyone from GUN CRIME. The thing I dont understand is since they cant regulate GUN CRIME, why screw with LAWFUL GUN CARRY. Guess they have to try to control something.

How many countries have put their citizens in danger by invoking Gun Ownership Bans?

What I would love to be able to do...

A televised debate with Mayor McCheese.... and he say's the line above in bold.

My follow up question to him: "How will any law protect me from gun crime? How will any law protect me from people who break laws?"

amlevin

The thing I dont understand is since they cant regulate GUN CRIME, why screw with LAWFUL GUN CARRY. Guess they have to try to control something.

It should be easy to understand. The only group they CAN regulate is the law abiding citizens. By definition, criminals don't follow any of the laws designed to curb their activities. Pass all the laws they want that say "For Criminals Only" and it would be as effective as one prohibiting dogs from whizzing on fire hydrants.
2.gif

Last edited: