Thread: This means war

This means war

This is really important, as it's an Eisenhower moment: "I vastly prefer a far most humble president who has the mettle to stand up to the occasional challenge." I'd modify it into: "I vastly prefer a far most humble president who has the mettle to stand up to the occasional challenge than anyone who would abuse that power to incite war as a means to long-term financial gain."
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

What means war? I feel as if the original post is missing.

(sigh) It was meant to be somewhat non-descript. Read between the lines. Practice will help.
    Last edited by since9; 05-29-2011 at 11:59 PM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Panama City Beach, FL /Home from Afghanistan

Read

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    (sigh) It was meant to be somewhat non-descript. Read between the lines. Practice will help.
    Why "Read between the lines"? Why not just say what you are trying to say? Is this a "Covert message" to fellow board members that know you or like looking for a hidden agenda? Do we really need 007 spy reading on here?

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Maybe I just don't have the experience of reading between the lines or life experiences to get what you're talking about. The closest thing I can come up with is how Obama has basically declared an unofficial war on Libya and basically bypassed Congress. But then again by saying it's an "Einsenhower moment" I'm reminded of when Obama called this our "Sputnik moment" though the two don't really seem related.
    Last edited by Aknazer; 05-30-2011 at 01:03 PM.