Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: Wisconsin: Some Lawmakers Threatening a Return to the Dark Days of Doyle! (NRA)

  1. #1
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047

    Wisconsin: Some Lawmakers Threatening a Return to the Dark Days of Doyle! (NRA)

    http://www.nramedia.org/t/87002/6322815/4477/0/

    Wow! They are going all in on SB93.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Granite State of Mind
    Posts
    4,509
    I'm amazed that NRA-ILA can push so hard for constitutional carry in WI, yet totally derail it in NH, and screw up OC efforts in FL and TX at the same time.

  3. #3
    Regular Member oak1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,937
    I have been a skeptic of the NRA's motivations of late, but maybe this will put some steel in the spines of squeamish RINO's......maybe.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

  4. #4
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,319
    Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    I'm amazed that NRA-ILA can push so hard for constitutional carry in WI, yet totally derail it in NH, and screw up OC efforts in FL and TX at the same time.
    They've been losing ground with the grassroots efforts like those in AZ, WI, and many others. People kept thinking they were only in it for the money, and were probably right. They are finally getting on the bandwagon of what the people need instead of telling them what they can have.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  5. #5
    Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Racine, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    484
    Then there should be no more concessions made to SB 93 not with such a big gorilla standing guard. We'll see how big this gorilla really is or see that it's all smoke and mirrors.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQ34JTqk0I

    In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

    The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

    ****** give it away ( Our rights ) prostitutes sell it (Mandated training).

  6. #6
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Yuma, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    923

    I hope they learned from New Hampshire

    Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    I have been a skeptic of the NRA's motivations of late, but maybe this will put some steel in the spines of squeamish RINO's......maybe.
    This is realy great! I hopethey learned from New Hampshire. Wisconsin has positive momentum going for Constitutional carry. Now is when we need to push hard.

    I am very impressed with Senator Galloway so far!

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348
    I emailed 5 of them ( Pam Galloway NOT one of them ) & told them flat out that if they don't support SB93 their days in office are numbered , I said gun owners in this state want Constitutional carry, not Mandated training or permits & if they voted against SB93 guns owners will vote against them in the next elections. I made it as simple as possible for these Morons to understand.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  8. #8
    Opt-Out Members scm54449's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Marshfield, WI
    Posts
    221
    I think it is important to remember that anyone in the Assembly or the Senate who takes a stand on an emotionally-charged issue is going to get letters and emails questioning the character of their mother and promising to vote them out of office. Whether we happen to like it or not, in their world it is an occupational hazard and they learn to deal with it.

    I think one of the reasons Nik and WCI have been so successful in such a short period of time is they don't stoop to that level. If they wish to act, they act. If they wish to educate, they do that as well. One thing they don't do is issue idle threats that get their emails and letters filed immediately into the "IGNORE" pile.

    The facts are on our side and we need many, many letters pointing out those facts as a counter to the hysterical fears of the anti's. If we simply threaten those who aren't supporting us, we make it very easy for the anti's to brand us as "nuts" and use that as a justification to vote against constitutional carry.
    Member of Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultus habebunt...

  9. #9
    Regular Member Outdoorsman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Silver Lake WI
    Posts
    1,249
    Quote Originally Posted by scm54449 View Post
    I think it is important to remember that anyone in the Assembly or the Senate who takes a stand on an emotionally-charged issue is going to get letters and emails questioning the character of their mother and promising to vote them out of office. Whether we happen to like it or not, in their world it is an occupational hazard and they learn to deal with it.

    I think one of the reasons Nik and WCI have been so successful in such a short period of time is they don't stoop to that level. If they wish to act, they act. If they wish to educate, they do that as well. One thing they don't do is issue idle threats that get their emails and letters filed immediately into the "IGNORE" pile.

    The facts are on our side and we need many, many letters pointing out those facts as a counter to the hysterical fears of the anti's. If we simply threaten those who aren't supporting us, we make it very easy for the anti's to brand us as "nuts" and use that as a justification to vote against constitutional carry.

    X1000

    Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

    George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

    Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    North Central Wisconsin, ,
    Posts
    768
    Quote Originally Posted by scm54449 View Post
    I think it is important to remember that anyone in the Assembly or the Senate who takes a stand on an emotionally-charged issue is going to get letters and emails questioning the character of their mother and promising to vote them out of office. Whether we happen to like it or not, in their world it is an occupational hazard and they learn to deal with it.

    I think one of the reasons Nik and WCI have been so successful in such a short period of time is they don't stoop to that level. If they wish to act, they act. If they wish to educate, they do that as well. One thing they don't do is issue idle threats that get their emails and letters filed immediately into the "IGNORE" pile.

    The facts are on our side and we need many, many letters pointing out those facts as a counter to the hysterical fears of the anti's. If we simply threaten those who aren't supporting us, we make it very easy for the anti's to brand us as "nuts" and use that as a justification to vote against constitutional carry.
    Well said, and true!

  11. #11
    Regular Member hardballer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    West Coast of Wisconsin
    Posts
    925
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    I emailed 5 of them ( Pam Galloway NOT one of them ) & told them flat out that if they don't support SB93 their days in office are numbered , I said gun owners in this state want Constitutional carry, not Mandated training or permits & if they voted against SB93 guns owners will vote against them in the next elections. I made it as simple as possible for these Morons to understand.
    I believe there is a place for diplomacy and a place for direct, argumentative, confrontational, ultimatums as well. I am tired of these *%(&%&'s saying one thing to get elected and doing the exact opposite once the have secured the seat. I do not like it. Not one bit.

    So, ultimately, if they do not fear their removal. They feel invincible regardless of their actions and will do as they please as opposed to what "We The People" want. Yeah, "We The People", the ones who voted them in. They are servants Dammit! Servants. Not special in any other way. So, if they do not take us seriously, then vote their azz out!
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

    http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

  12. #12
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Yuma, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    923

    These emails make Nik and WCI look very reasonable

    Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post
    I believe there is a place for diplomacy and a place for direct, argumentative, confrontational, ultimatums as well. I am tired of these *%(&%&'s saying one thing to get elected and doing the exact opposite once the have secured the seat. I do not like it. Not one bit.

    So, ultimately, if they do not fear their removal. They feel invincible regardless of their actions and will do as they please as opposed to what "We The People" want. Yeah, "We The People", the ones who voted them in. They are servants Dammit! Servants. Not special in any other way. So, if they do not take us seriously, then vote their azz out!
    It doesn't hurt to move Nik and WCI to the "center". These emails make them look very reasonalble. Polititcians like to deal with reasonable people.

  13. #13
    McX
    Guest
    i beleive Doyle, and these political turncoats have taken Political Action money from Uranus Corp!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=008BPUdQ1XA

  14. #14
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348
    Quote Originally Posted by scm54449 View Post
    I think it is important to remember that anyone in the Assembly or the Senate who takes a stand on an emotionally-charged issue is going to get letters and emails questioning the character of their mother and promising to vote them out of office. Whether we happen to like it or not, in their world it is an occupational hazard and they learn to deal with it.

    I think one of the reasons Nik and WCI have been so successful in such a short period of time is they don't stoop to that level. If they wish to act, they act. If they wish to educate, they do that as well. One thing they don't do is issue idle threats that get their emails and letters filed immediately into the "IGNORE" pile.

    The facts are on our side and we need many, many letters pointing out those facts as a counter to the hysterical fears of the anti's. If we simply threaten those who aren't supporting us, we make it very easy for the anti's to brand us as "nuts" and use that as a justification to vote against constitutional carry.
    We have all been educating them with 100's if not 1000's of nice emails, letters & phone calls for many months & some of us for Many Years! if they have NOT gotten it by now they are NEVER going to get it. YOUR kissing their butts Now only mean's to them that your willing to take less, that you have no heart, that you can be swayed.....All they understand at this point are statements of fact from passionate people, that if you don't vote my way ...YOUR GONE ! Idle threats NOTHING. The Fitzgerald Brothers have an agenda, one that does NOT include what the people want, they now do not want to appear too extreme in the eyes of the Libs, only threats now will get us SB93 as Law..they are listening to threats from the libs to throw them out...THEY ONLY UNDERSTAND THREATS AT THIS POINT !
    Come on people ...time to grow a pair, this is crunch time! If we do not get Constitutional carry it's people like scm54449's fault for not standing up & DEMANDING What is right ! Politicians like dealing with reasonable people because reasonable people can easily be persuaded to take what the politician feels like giving.....& that's called being a PUSH OVER !

    So your saying that if we don't get Constitutional carry it will be because NIK & WCI did not take a hard enough line ? That's the problem I have with an organization speaking for the rest of us..when that Organization appears that it is not firm on the issue ..then you have lost the high ground.
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 05-28-2011 at 11:30 AM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  15. #15
    Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Racine, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    484
    I believe if passed with the amendments, SB 93 will give Wisconsin the 5th best concealed carry law in the country behind only Arizona, Alaska, Vermont, and WY. Of course our individual members as always make decisions for themselves, but as an organization, I believe we would be doing a disservice and risking all our progress to come against SB 93 with the new amendment.

    As members of WCI we are represented as a group, I trust WCI because I trust it's members, We have come a long way and the fight will never be over, WCI speaks for us as a group< But doesn't stand in our way as individuals as to how we express to our legislators of what we want. ( As long as it's lawful)
    Last edited by springfield 1911; 05-28-2011 at 11:59 AM. Reason: referenced letterfrom update WCI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQ34JTqk0I

    In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

    The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

    ****** give it away ( Our rights ) prostitutes sell it (Mandated training).

  16. #16
    Regular Member oak1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,937
    I am willing to push this bill to the end. When it becomes law and the sheeple and Rinos realize guns are not scary and evil, then we can push for no restrictions and an end to the waiting period.

    I would have loved to get everything we wanted, but this is so close and the timing is tight enough that we should take it.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

  17. #17
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348
    Just got another letter from the people you want me to be nice to..Senator Dave Hansen (D) Will not support permit- less Concealed Carry or any other type of Concealed carry, does NOT believe that guns will make people safer & he believes that self defense should be a PRIVILEGE yes, I said it correctly..He stated in his letter that he supported the The PRIVILEGE of self defense act ( Castle Doctrine ). So these are the Idiots that you want me to suck up to ? NEVER GONNA HAPPEN ! Unless we all work as a unified front - NO COMPROMISE - a permit with training is what they are going to give us. & It won't be my fault !!
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 05-28-2011 at 01:49 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  18. #18
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    I am willing to push this bill to the end. When it becomes law and the sheeple and Rinos realize guns are not scary and evil, then we can push for no restrictions and an end to the waiting period.

    I would have loved to get everything we wanted, but this is so close and the timing is tight enough that we should take it.
    +1

    The key is, don't give up or we'll either get nothing or SB90. Keep the pressure on. 'They' still can amend SB93.
    Last edited by paul@paul-fisher.com; 05-28-2011 at 02:22 PM.

  19. #19
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348
    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    +1

    The key is, don't give up or well either get nothing or SB90. Keep the pressure on. 'They' still can amend SB93.
    +1000000000000000000000000000
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  20. #20
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Yuma, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    923

    By all means, keep pushing! I have seen many fail at the last minute.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    +1000000000000000000000000000
    I have seen lots of different tricks in Arizona. People who said they would vote with us failed to show up. They claimed they had a conflict. Make this a high priority for them.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North of DePere, south of Suamico
    Posts
    131
    I got a letter back from Dave Hansen as well. He mentioned the "priviledge of self-defense" as well. He also said he isnt "convinced that conceal carry as it has been proposeed will make our communities safer".

    I called his office immediately upon receiving this letter and told him it doesnt matter what his personal opinions are, and he doesnt need convincing, and that he was elected and took an oath to uphold the Constitution of the US where it is written in plain english so as not to be confusing where our rights are not to be infringed.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Appleton, WI
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by deadlifter View Post
    I got a letter back from Dave Hansen as well. He mentioned the "priviledge of self-defense" as well. He also said he isnt "convinced that conceal carry as it has been proposeed will make our communities safer".

    I called his office immediately upon receiving this letter and told him it doesnt matter what his personal opinions are, and he doesnt need convincing, and that he was elected and took an oath to uphold the Constitution of the US where it is written in plain english so as not to be confusing where our rights are not to be infringed.
    don't leave us hanging, what did he say after that?! or was it just *click*

  23. #23
    Opt-Out Members scm54449's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Marshfield, WI
    Posts
    221
    [QUOTE=Glock34;1541399]We have all been educating them with 100's if not 1000's of nice emails, letters & phone calls for many months & some of us for Many Years! if they have NOT gotten it by now they are NEVER going to get it. YOUR kissing their butts Now only mean's to them that your willing to take less, that you have no heart, that you can be swayed.....All they understand at this point are statements of fact from passionate people, that if you don't vote my way ...YOUR GONE ! Idle threats NOTHING. The Fitzgerald Brothers have an agenda, one that does NOT include what the people want, they now do not want to appear too extreme in the eyes of the Libs, only threats now will get us SB93 as Law..they are listening to threats from the libs to throw them out...THEY ONLY UNDERSTAND THREATS AT THIS POINT !
    Come on people ...time to grow a pair, this is crunch time! If we do not get Constitutional carry it's people like scm54449's fault for not standing up & DEMANDING What is right ! Politicians like dealing with reasonable people because reasonable people can easily be persuaded to take what the politician feels like giving.....& that's called being a PUSH OVER ![QUOTE]

    Actually, if I take Jeri Boniva's posts and turn them 180 degrees to pro-2A and take your posts and turn them 180-degrees to gun-hatred, the main difference I see in the messages is you are angry where she is afraid.

    The actions of many will result in change. The threats of the few will be used as justification by the anti's for why we need to "weed out the wackos" with permits and mandatory training.
    Last edited by scm54449; 05-29-2011 at 08:13 AM.
    Member of Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultus habebunt...

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North of DePere, south of Suamico
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by apierce918 View Post
    don't leave us hanging, what did he say after that?! or was it just *click*
    It was 1pm on Friday of Memorial Day weekend. Not one representative I called answered their phones.

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Appleton, WI
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by deadlifter View Post
    It was 1pm on Friday of Memorial Day weekend. Not one representative I called answered their phones.
    oh, so when you told "him", it was his answering machine

    oh well, at least you relaid the message

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •