Thread: ? regarding age to OC

Rhode Island and own a small parcel in western Maine!

? regarding age to OC

Hello everyone,
    I just recently purchase a chunk of land in western Maine. I also have my non-res CCW permit from Maine.
    I would like to have my 14y/o daughter OC and for the life of me can not find an age limit for OC. I did see that to get a CCW permit you have to be over 18. but that is not what I am looking for. I am going to have my wife start OCing but she does not have any permits (Working on getting her RI rest CCW permit) so as long as her is not loaded in the truck she is good to go.
    I would like to see the expression on some folks faces when they see a 14y/o OCing with a pink Sig Sauer Mosquito 22lr strap on her hip. She has been through the state of Mass

Hope someone can give me the info on this matter.
    Thanks!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    According to OCDO research there is no statutory age limit.
    http://www.opencarry.org/me.html
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar
    cant find a limit anywhere. however i would make darn skippy sure that your with her when she does it. lol upload pics!
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

Rhode Island and own a small parcel in western Maine!

Wink

THANKS Guys.
    Dont worry, she will be with me at all times when this does!
    Here she is after getting it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-04-07 12.29.58.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	5936  

Maine has no age limit to OC, however, possession of a pistol under 18 is a federal crime, as is providing that pistol to the minor. Possession of a long gun under 18 is not federally regulated.

There are a few exceptions to that federal law. Basically the section does not apply to a temporary transfer or the possession of a handgun by a juvenile if the handgun is possessed in the course of employment, in the course of ranching or farming related activities at the juveniles residence, target practice, or hunting. The juvenile must also have prior written consent from a parent or guardian with them while carrying.